Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The day trip depends where you're based.... if you're in Wales/Scotland it's a bloody long way to France!

Fair point.  I'm flying into LHR and plan on spending a day or two in London before catching the train to Paris.  Once back in London, rent car and point north.  Then end up back in London for a couple of days at the end before flying out.  But this is all flexible...

I'll post up a planned route at some stage after doing some "best roads" research.  :)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Fair point.  I'm flying into LHR and plan on spending a day or two in London before catching the train to Paris.  Once back in London, rent car and point north.  Then end up back in London for a couple of days at the end before flying out.  But this is all flexible...

I'll post up a planned route at some stage after doing some "best roads" research.  :)

IF, there are some good cars available in Scotland, I'd suggest fly up here, and arrange a trip south through Wales on to London to leave the rental hack.. will save some back tracking if time is short...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Good thought, although experience has taught me to build redundancy into travel plans. I figure it's more likely that the London Avis office will have a suitable backup rocket if "my car" can't be found on the day than the Aberdeen office will.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Get your diaries open boys and pencil it in!

My PA checking flights to London on MAS... I'll look at getting there on 2/10 to do some work at our UK office. Then join you for a week perhaps.. might just be possible :)

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

My PA checking flights to London on MAS... I'll look at getting there on 2/10 to do some work at our UK office. Then join you for a week perhaps.. might just be possible :)
I have you booked on MAS ex Adelaide 30/9/12 arrive London Heathrow 1/10/12 and return 27/10/12 arrive Adelaide 29/10/12 in Business Class. Just let me know you membership and charge card numbers.

Would prefer to be called "PA" rather than "My PA".

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

:thumbsup:

I'll mention it to John K as well. :)

Edit: He's in. This might just work.  :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Just worked in a tax deductible trip to Amsterdam on the weekend of 7/10/2012  :thumbsup:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline dkabab

The organiser of this site came on auzrun last year... Some of the guys I know have been and had a great time.
http://www.nurburgring.com.au/

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Just worked in a tax deductible trip to Amsterdam on the weekend of 7/10/2012  :thumbsup:

Nice work!

If you want to come with us while you are nearby, choose your weapon here. :D

http://www.avisprestige.com/

....although there are plenty of other rental options.