Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I'm thinking about doing this also, my son will be in Europe over the school holidays with family friends & I'm thinking of coming across to pick him up & go to the British GP weekend of 11/12th July, which then got me seriously thinking about coming over earlier on my own & doing Goodwood, been on my 'want to' list for a long time. My daughter doing HSC next year so that kills the family holidays, I might have to take a leave pass & get my wife to look after her  :p

Must read up on last year & have sent you a facebook friend request Mark :)

How many look like going & also having a car to use... are there likely to be any pax seats or do I need a car?
Keep Smiling

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm thinking about doing this also, my son will be in Europe over the school holidays with family friends & I'm thinking of coming across to pick him up & go to the British GP weekend of 11/12th July, which then got me seriously thinking about coming over earlier on my own & doing Goodwood, been on my 'want to' list for a long time. My daughter doing HSC next year so that kills the family holidays, I might have to take a leave pass & get my wife to look after her  :p

Must read up on last year & have sent you a facebook friend request Mark :)

How many look like going & also having a car to use... are there likely to be any pax seats or do I need a car?

I'm not sure yet how many starters Pete but it would be great to have you along. I've added you to the event on FB. A car probably isn't essential although the only way to get from my hotel this year to the track was by car. Depending on the starters, and if we all stay at the same place, there should pax seats available. If you want to do stuff after the event, a car could well be handy but that's easily fixed at the last minute.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Mark,

How many kms would the Scotland trip be?
May the Horse be with you....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Mark,

How many kms would the Scotland trip be?

I did 3500 km in my rental last time. That included mucking around in Wales on the way up. If time is tight, there always north Wales, the Yorkshire Dales, etc etc. Lots of great roads.

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

I did 3500 km in my rental last time. That included mucking around in Wales on the way up. If time is tight, there always north Wales, the Yorkshire Dales, etc etc. Lots of great roads.

Thank you.

Tonight I have been checking out flights and I am just trying to get my head around this trip.

I am concerned about spending 4 weeks driving a million kms and not getting the time to relax as after London, I have to go to the South France then to the North of Italy.

Any thoughts on San Sebastian in Spain? Or would that be out of the question?

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

BTW - Will you be touring with your wife when she arrives or is that out of the question?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thank you.

Any thoughts on San Sebastian in Spain? Or would that be out of the question?

I'm open to suggestion, but I've only got a week after Goodwood before my wife arrives for the tennis and getting to Spain and back will take half that.  Let's see what the others are up to as well. If you are driving a lot after the UK, you probably don't need a big trip while you are there. Maybe a couple of days in Wales would be enough. It's fun just thinking through the options.

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

I'm open to suggestion, but I've only got a week after Goodwood before my wife arrives for the tennis and getting to Spain and back will take half that.  Let's see what the others are up to as well. If you are driving a lot after the UK, you probably don't need a big trip while you are there. Maybe a couple of days in Wales would be enough. It's fun just thinking through the options.

Sure..... I have to kill a couple of days that's for sure.

London to Wales looks like it is easy enough to do.

BTW - What flight are you on from Dubai to London?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

BTW - Will you be touring with your wife when she arrives or is that out of the question?

I might get her as far as Brighton or Oxford one day but that would be it. I'll probably leave straight after the tennis and she'll go on to Paris with a girlfriend.