Offline dkabab

I don't recall EVER seeing the name of a dealer on carsales. In fact, I thought it was forbidden because carsales gets paid per enquiry....otherwise quite obviously EVERY advert would have the dealer name. In fact, it wasn't all that long ago that the LMCT became quite hard to find instead of the prominence it used to have.

yep, i wanted to call a dealer the other day, called the number provided (got carsales automated line) had to put in the dealer code (4 digits) then it connected me to the dealer.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
I don't recall EVER seeing the name of a dealer on carsales. In fact, I thought it was forbidden because carsales gets paid per enquiry....otherwise quite obviously EVERY advert would have the dealer name. In fact, it wasn't all that long ago that the LMCT became quite hard to find instead of the prominence it used to have.

+1 and it can cost $15 per call on the car for sale so if you have the shits with a dealer smash them with phone calls via carsales it would hit the pocket.  :thumbsup:

Offline TJB

A hint, every dealer ad on Carsales has to have the name of the dealership or the dealer license number in the footer (very second last line of the page, directly under where it says 'Terms & Conditions'. If it is not the name, then just google the dealer number, and 9/10 you will be able to find it as ALL have it on their website.

In this particular case, its http://www.marquesofdistinction.com.au/index.html

How interesting, that's nice to know. Thanks for that!

Offline hydie

yep, i wanted to call a dealer the other day, called the number provided (got carsales automated line) had to put in the dealer code (4 digits) then it connected me to the dealer.

+1 and it can cost $15 per call on the car for sale so if you have the shits with a dealer smash them with phone calls via carsales it would hit the pocket.  :thumbsup:
It is called 'Carsales Connect', and is a very interesting system. Your number also gets sent to us (the dealer) so we can call you back, but if the call is under 30 seconds, we can actually challenge it as a 'null lead', and won't be charged. Also if there are multiple calls made, we can do allocate it as a 'duplicate lead', and won't be charged.

And it is $40, not $15. ;)

Here are 2 examples of the dealer name showing -

http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/Ford-Ranger-2013/AGC-AD-14089641/?Cr=2&sdmvc=1 - Motor Dealers Licence: 15434, Doust & Fitzgerald Ford.
http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/Ford-Ranger-2013/AGC-AD-13934595/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1 - Motor Dealers Licence: 16662, Cessnock Ford.

Edit: And to keep it relevant.
http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details/Ferrari-458-Italia-2013/AGC-AD-13202873/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1 - Motor Dealers Licence: 19918, Ferrari Maserati Sydney.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Bloody well hidden!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I just looked at all the dealer 458s adverts in vic...none have a dealer's name.

The NSW dealers had the name though.

Qld one didn't.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

How would a dealer go with photographing the cars in front of a dealer sign?

Offline hydie

How would a dealer go with photographing the cars in front of a dealer sign?
The dealer cannot have their name or web address anywhere in the photo - we tried.

Offline hydie

I just looked at all the dealer 458s adverts in vic...none have a dealer's name.

The NSW dealers had the name though.

Qld one didn't.
Could just be a NSW thing then?

Offline waz356

Well spotted. Take a chamois. That white Spider hadn't been washed prior to going on the stand.  :doh:

Shannons were told not to wash the car. Pretty sure Splash cleaned their Aston though.