Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I tried to enter my 2 door wrx sti but the guy on the phone was so politely rude to me i just gave it a miss and then by the time I realized they had opened it up to these styles of cars I had booked other things in for the weekend.

They went for gold and ended up having to accept anything to get the numbers

disappointing

I think it is a good move to change it to a 2 day format

exactly correct, mine was second entry in and was questioned on if it was an F1. Both F5000 and F1 ran in same races in late 60's, mine did two GP's, hence it has provenance. And still they made me wait on a decision, that and other factors came into play and that I was called on many occasions to get the other owner of multiple F1 cars involved......well go direct to the source, decided to go to Camp David and dig with my front end loader

Excavator is coming soon
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

I didn't make it to this one, but what they should offer is similar to goodwood.

Have a concour for all the classic cars, exotics an general enthusiast cars (no modified stuff)
Include judging and decent prizes
At the same time, run said Cars around the track.
Have multiple gourmet food and beverage outlets
Organise plenty of media
Charge $50 per entry and limit numbers.
Have VIP areas
Dress code applies

Make it an event people desire to go to.

This is where it gets awkward IMO. Do they want a vintage heritage event or a modern heritage event (encompassing the 1985 - 1995 Adelaide GP era)? They are going to have to decide on the theme of the event, and then work out if it is possible. This year they had an idea of F1, but had no idea on how many F1s they were going to get, then they seemed to have no idea about customer service when they just seemed to annoy some people with eligible cars, then annoying those on the other side by being selective, then flip-flopping again without telling anyone. As it turned out the weather was great, and it turned out to be a decent event. Though the poor Navy band got a bit left out in timing, by commencing to play their set just when the cars went out on the circuit again.

I like the idea of a full-on Goodwood event, but if the Clipsal infrastructure is used, which is highly desirable I'd say it sort of negates the vintage heritage atmosphere. And if they go modern heritage, I'm worried about the visual assault of happy pants, shell suits, reflective shades, Hypercolour T-shirts, thin leather ties and Ken Done/Jenny Kee jumpers. Also what price the ex-Mark Knopfler Telstar TX5 Turbo? And if they restrict the paddock carpark to pre-1995 cars, Pulsar Reeboks, Camira SJs and Brock Ladas will become sought after. As for music, a full range from New Wave and Trance, via The Smiths, to some hard core Techno and close out with The Guru.....

Best to focus just on a good running sheet for the day, with a quality line-up of cars. Similar to the Phillip Island historics, where the cars are the main attraction, but there are also things to interest non-car type people too.

The thing I thought the most successful was the cars in the paddock, a good range of interesting cars. Though I'm not sure if judging is really required, it was just good to get up close to some of the cars and have a chat with their enthusiastic owners.

I guess that is why I like events like the Climb to the Eagle and Burger Meets, very casual, minimal organisation, a road trip, and all range of really interesting cars turn out with no real bias.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Instead of trying to imitate Goodwood or someone else, wouldn't it be better to play to Adelaide's strengths?  Climb to the Eagle does this.  It wouldn't work anywhere else in Australia due to the proximity of the Hills to the city.  Trying to be Goodwood is silly. We should find something only we can do.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Instead of trying to imitate Goodwood or someone else, wouldn't it be better to play to Adelaide's strengths?  Climb to the Eagle does this.  It wouldn't work anywhere else in Australia due to the proximity of the Hills to the city.  Trying to be Goodwood is silly. We should find something only we can do.

we are good at a street event, clipsal proves it, unfortunately v8's rule the roost with timing and added categories.

simon makes some great points and yes mark, milk the strengths of adelaide
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.