Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
They have decide to fill the Sunday spots with cars which you see at numerous time a year at Mallala, Targa Adelaide, Mt Alma ....

So much for their vision of building a mini Goodwood Festival.

:(

and they want period clothing…………….so do I get platform shoes and flares or go as Michael Jackson from the 80's
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline TomE

and they want period clothing…………….so do I get platform shoes and flares or go as Michael Jackson from the 80's

90s stuff - Bring your Skyline and Japanese girlfriend.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

90s stuff - Bring your Skyline and Japanese girlfriend.

the jap gf is easy, its the skyline i cant do
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

my mail from yesterday, the hill climb is oversubscribed by 40%

the sunday run in the parklands is oversubscribed barring hold back of placings of cars that were in phillip island that need preparation to come over.

anything historic open wheeler is in also canam cars, they will be highly examining the exotics they want for the sunday.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

They probably figure 40% will get lost trying to find the place.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

the sunday run in the parklands is oversubscribed barring hold back of placings of cars that were in phillip island that need preparation to come over.

anything historic open wheeler is in also canam cars, they will be highly examining the exotics they want for the sunday.

They need to take to the entry list with a knife and clean out all the Collingrove cars, then work harder to get the numbers up with historics. 

Offline TomE

They need to take to the entry list with a knife and clean out all the Collingrove cars, then work harder to get the numbers up with historics.

I think the organisers got cold feet and just opened the gates to ensure there was a show.

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Problem is there are many who own the right cars but don't want to enter for whatever reason. The sporting car club is trying to get the event up and running and to have entrants wear period clothing.

We are doing the period 1969 thing, Doc is turning up like twiggy in the 246, we will have the platform shoes, flares and paisley shirts, non alcoholic bubbles and crystal glasses. Mechanics are wearing white dust coats with patches on the elbows and 32 pens in the top pocket. Its madness but the more effort we put in and is seen will or could entice others to embrace what can be a great event in the future.

I say given the time they have had to get this event up and running (which wasn't long) and the adelaide city council initially not happy with Sunday event, the lack of quality period vehicles……..if we support it rather than can it, it can be a good period event.

Offline dkabab

there are probably more than enough special cars in adelaide to make a decent festival, however I'm sure there are plenty of them sitting unused in collections. Or, several eligible cars are owned by individuals who can only enter 1 at a time....

they are never going to create a goodwood level event in the first year, in australia, in adelaide.... but give it time and it should get better.... but you will never get $5m+ cars showing up from O/S.... too far, not appealing enough.