Offline quattro_joe

• Formula Euro

• Drives: Audi
Hi guys

One of the organisers of the annual Bathurst 12 hour Race has recently called me about an opportunity to be part of one of the support races at Bathurst during the event to be held next year in February 2014.

He has forwarded me some details, including an event flyer, and basically this event is open to all Supercar and High Performance car owners who would like an opportunity to take their vehicle around the full Bathurst circuit unrestricted.

Your car doesn’t need to be track prepped in any way according to the organiser (i.e. no roll-cage required), but a basic CAMS L2S license is required (the organiser will assist entrants with obtaining this license) and this event will be televised along with the main Bathurst 12 hour event.

To register your entry, you must do so by 30th June 2013.

If you are interested in this event and would like further information and/or would like to get in touch with the main organiser, please see the flyer below (the main organiser's contact details is on the bottom of the flyer), or alternatively, feel free to PM me and I will try to assist where I can.

Offline a.taylor

Cool opportunity indeed! Who wants to sponsor my entry?  :mischief:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Definitely an opportunity for some fun, but I'm surprised by the very amateur flyer.  Those marques usually protect their brand way better than this, with squashed logos being a reason for life without parole.   :mischief:

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
seems cheap
and really dangerous!

Its a bit scary to think I could just turn up and hurl my car around there with no prior experience

Offline a.taylor

seems cheap
and really dangerous!

Its a bit scary to think I could just turn up and hurl my car around there with no prior experience

No different to any other track day really. Just a track that is more likely to bite an amateur that oversteps their limit.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Its more likely to get people looking for glory on television / in front of a crowd who have no experience.
I think there are CAMS license categories for people who have completed x number of laps at track days or with an instructor.
Perhaps thats the license you do require, and the assistance in getting it is to place you with an instructor at various local track days before the event.

Offline a.taylor

Fair point! From memory the L2s licence has no experience prerequisites, I had on in days gone by and it just bought. It's just insurance coverage for the organisers really.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Fair point! From memory the L2s licence has no experience prerequisites, I had on in days gone by and it just bought. It's just insurance coverage for the organisers really.

Yes, it's just a basic club license for "speed"  events. Some medical requirements in some cases; but that's it.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
So you're not allowed to go to Bathurst just any day of the week and go flat out? I guess that explains the reactions I was getting from the people at the track that day.   :doh:

Offline Drive at Bathurst in 2014

The opportunity to drive your Exotic at Mt Panorama, Bathurst is currently available with Expressions of Interest closing 30 June 2013.

The event will be a regularity, whereby drivers nominate a lap time then try to stick to it.

It's not a door to door handle drive and NO racing will be permitted. Those breaking the rules will be excluded.

The category will be a support to the  Liqui-Moly 12 hour race on the Sunday and your entry fee includes pit access all weekend, including Sunday.

You will get four 20 minute sessions over Friday 7th & Saturday 8th of February. There are no Speed limits, however a minimum lap time of 2 minutes 40 seconds applies. Those running a faster lap time will be black flagged for the session. This is still quite fast for most road going cars.

We have attached a detailed invitation/information pack.

Please email us for more info at bathurst12hr.regularity2014@hotmail.com