Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
The Bay to Birdwood for classic cars 1956-77 is on this weekend if you're in SA on Sunday. The route has changed this year and they are heading up the freeway so if you know anyone that planned on sitting out on North East Rd, tell them not to. ;)

http://www.baytobirdwood.com.au/

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

The Bay to Birdwood for classic cars 1956-77 is on next weekend if you're in SA on Sunday. The route has changed this year and they are heading up the freeway so if you know anyone that planned on sitting out on North East Rd, tell them not to. ;)

http://www.baytobirdwood.com.au/

oops I was a week early when I posted this. Its on Next Sunday 29/9 ...sorry ... Alzheimers   :doh:

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

oops I was a week early when I posted this. Its on Next Sunday 29/9 ...sorry ... Alzheimers   :dodger:
Still Premature?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Still Premature?

Premature ejacuzheimers...

Its a wonder I didnt post this at 7.30 am tomorrow morning, waiting for the cars to show up. :p

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
why the new route?
I can predict a number of people who have sat out in the same spot for 20 years being disappointed
the freeway sounds so boring in comparison

Offline TomE

why the new route?
I can predict a number of people who have sat out in the same spot for 20 years being disappointed
the freeway sounds so boring in comparison

Press release

http://www.baytobirdwood.com.au/uploads/Press%20Releases/Open%20Letter%20to%20Entrants%20re%20change%20of%20route%20-%20Aug-Sep%202013.pdf

Those factors can be summarised as follows;
Safety and Risk: The Bay to Birdwood enjoys a long standing relationship with the SA Police (SAPOL) and the very sustainability of the event would be compromised without SAPOL’s valued support. The Committee has been in consultation with SAPOL for several years regarding this matter and the consensus is that the new Route is the better option as far as safety is concerned
Feedback: The level of traffic on metropolitan Adelaide’s roads continues to grow. In particular, the growing level of traffic on the roads on any given Sunday morning has presented the Committee with an added complexity as we set about planning each year’s Bay to Birdwood event. Although this may not have been overly problematic in past years, it certainly was the topic of considerable complaint in 2011 due to the amount of time it took many entants to travel from West Beach and Birdwood. Whilst we acknowledge that ‘getting there’ is half the fun, it took entrants up to 3 hours to make the journey
Financial Resources: Although the Bay to Birdwood is a large community event; it remains exacly that – a community event. Like many such events, the Bay to Birdwood continues to operate as a result of the time, energy and passion of a large contingent of volunteers. With limited financial resources at its disposal, for the last 33 years the Bay to Birdwood Committee has achieved a great deal. However, with traffic management costs mounting, alternate solutions had to be considered. The Committee has taken professional advice that the new Route provides entrants and spectactors with a safe and secure outcome at an affordable cost
Sustainability: The Committee’s over-arching objective is to ensure the sustainabilty of the Bay to Birdwood event for all South Australians. This decision ensures that the Bay to Birdwood will continue to operate in the forseeable future
As a result of the aforementioned reasons, the Committee has elected to re-route this year’s Bay to Birdwood Classic. This is being done on a trial basis whereby the Committee will assess the impact.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "