Offline AdminAG

• All the news that fits to pixels

• Drives: Traffic
And we're off! The first Burrows Day for 2011 has been run and what a cracking day it was!

The first event of the year brought out some of the big guns in motoring at the moment, with the Ferrari 599 GTO and Mercedes Benz SLS on display. The GTO was looking particularly mean in matte black with a white stripe, whilst the SLS was a shade more understated in silver - well as understated as a car can be with gullwing doors! Next to this was the new Bentley Continental GTC Supersport - the fastest Bentley convertible ever produced - and the ever present Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder. Both in white. Very Gold Coast property developer, but still very cool!

Out on track it was a similar feel to pit lane with some pretty impressive cars getting a new years workout. Although only out for a few laps, the Ferrari F40 was there showing how the old school got it done, while a brace of Aston Martin V12 Vantages were keeping up the new school image. Add to this Porsche GT3's, 599's, Scuderia's, C63 AMG's, and the new VW Golf R, it was a very pretty place to be!

In the way of thank you's, the first must go to the drivers who participated in the event. As one of the BDD's most regular enthusiasts pointed out during the day, there was a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere in pit lane, with a very friendly vibe. It was a really great place to hang out for the day! This was carried across to the driving on the track and, whilst we had a few mechanical issues, we had no problems through the day at all. Congratulations and well done to each of the drivers who participated for the controlled and mature approach to the day.

Thanks to Frank for being so kind to transport his beloved 599 GTO out to the track for us to see. It's not only a rare car in Australia, but a rare car in the world and it's great we were able to get to see and hear one in real life. Thanks to Tom, Graeme and our old friend Dominic Russo from Mercedes Benz Sydney for providing the SLS and the ML63 for display. This was the first SLS we have had at the track, and it certainly is a show stopper. We look forward to future track support from the boys at Merc, as we are seeing more and more AMG products holding their own on the track. As always Chris Crea from Bentley/Lotus Sydney was there to drink my coffee, but he did bring out the pretty cool GTC Supersport so he is forgiven! Although as the newly appointed sales representative for McLaren in Australia, Chris can drink ALL THE COFFEE HE WANTS!

Thanks to the instructors Ian Barratt, Ian Dyk, Renato Loberto, Nathan Antunes and John Greaves for their efforts through the day. They always provide strong support at the event for our drivers. Thanks to Keith and Anni as always for the admin work, and to Laura for her assistance at registration and through the day. Despite some public opinion, a serious amount of effort goes in to making the Burrows Days run as smoothly as they do, and each of these people make it all come together.

For photos from the event, please click HERE.

The next Burrows Day is set for Thursday 14th April and, should the planning come together, should be a pretty exciting event with access to some cars for us to offer for a drive. We're always looking for new ways to entertain you all and indulge in this passion of cars that we all share. Should you like to receive your invitation in advance, please email me here.

We look forward to seeing you at the track!

Luke.

Hello :)

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
i like the subtle watermark  :doh:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
i like the subtle watermark  :doh:

Tell us what you actually think.

I think it is shit crap and ruins a great write up of the day.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I think the snappy can sleep well knowing no-one can rip off his photos.

And, as bold as it is, it doesn't hide the general impression of the pic....

he's trying to sell his wares, if it's YOUR car in the shots, you're gunna want to see them properly, and will have to buy them.

Offline app

I think the snappy can sleep well knowing no-one can rip off his photos.

And, as bold as it is, it doesn't hide the general impression of the pic....

he's trying to sell his wares, if it's YOUR car in the shots, you're gunna want to see them properly, and will have to buy them.

The photographers on here - dkabab, cel, 98 Octane etc - all have proved you can use a watermark without ruining the photo.

Also people like me are happy just to view the picture with a subtle watermark and not in high res. These photos are both low res AND have a huge water mark on it. Even with a subtle watermark, if people really wanted the photo they would go and buy the high res shot.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

The photographers on here - dkabab, cel, 98 Octane etc - all have proved you can use a watermark without ruining the photo.

and which of these have had photos ripped off?

Offline app

I know dkabab and 98 Octane had some photos ripped off...

But if you look at dkababs shoot of the Panamera - http://www.epicimages.com.au/Photography/Porsche-Panamera/11089421_ssjiV#776577701_fGYDN - you can see he has a subtle watermark in the middle of the images. I am no Photoshop expert but I imagine that would take sometime to edit out...

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I know dkabab and 98 Octane had some photos ripped off...

But if you look at dkababs shoot of the Panamera - http://www.epicimages.com.au/Photography/Porsche-Panamera/11089421_ssjiV#776577701_fGYDN - you can see he has a subtle watermark in the middle of the images. I am no Photoshop expert but I imagine that would take sometime to edit out...

If you don't want them ripped of don't post them on a public forum.

I also don't have a problem with dkababs watermarks as his allow you to see the picture.
These are 1 step away from spaming
and only a small step

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

This thread is coverage of an external event, and JPM is the official photog for that event. When Uber heads along to the same, there's always a million pics (often of the same cars) either by Flamey or Cel on here.

The imperatives are much different JPM makes his living from the photos, and pretty much has to rely on EC to eat. That's a lot different to anyone who's 'snapping in their spare time'.

Regrettably we missed this Feb event, otherwise I'd have posted up some pix. Kicking myself to have missed seeing the 599GTO in the flesh, though I'd have been disappointed if it didn't hit the track. Anyone know if it did a few laps?
C'mon, do it!

Offline cel

I'm pretty sure it was tucked away in a pit box. Saw some shots of it in there, sealed off with cords around it, bit like the Rapide at the time.