Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Yeah, I realise that but watermarking the photos like that ^^^  has ruined them.

Ah, never mind.

Just samples... When you pay for em, they won't (shouldn't) have any......
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline app

see: https://aussieexotics.com/forum/photography/digital-photos-in-an-online-world-t479.0.html

i realise that having a simple watermark can be smudged out, but if you put a single watermark in a place where there are multiple colours and a place it will be hard to colour over the top it would put a lot of people off smudging it out

but a watermark like that?? i don't want to offend the person but that is over the top.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Just samples... When you pay for em, they won't (shouldn't) have any......

correct.

He's doing it commercially for the sake of his livelihood and so is protecting his product/brand.

Most of the folks who post pics on AE do so for passion/interest sake. If I thought I could make money off the pics I took I probably wouldn't put them up how I do.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

correct.

He's doing it commercially for the sake of his livelihood and so is protecting his product/brand.

Most of the folks who post pics on AE do so for passion/interest sake. If I thought I could make money off the pics I took I probably wouldn't put them up how I do.

Ah - Blonde moment. With Al offering for Cel to go out to take photos I thought they must have been free.

OK - so its a service, er, wouldn't he be a little pissed about Cel taking photos as well??? Don't mind me if I seems a little slow tonight, more than a few beers.  :p

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Don't mind me if I seems a little slow tonight, more than a few beers.  :p

Heh... Its entertaining during a boring busy day afternoon at work... :D
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com

Ah - Blonde moment. With Al offering for Cel to go out to take photos I thought they must have been free.

OK - so its a service, er, wouldn't he be a little pissed about Cel taking photos as well??? Don't mind me if I seems a little slow tonight, more than a few beers.  :p

Yes it's a potentially touchy subject.  If I blatently went around selling my wares on the day, he'd get upset for sure.

But I was also the official stand in when this official regular was sick one time, so I'm kind of "accepted" (my photos of the day are circulate amongst attendees alongside his).

As for the actual watermarks, there's a huge difference...  I'm usually going for somewhat arty, whereas he's usually going for just plain documenting the day.  So when that's the requirement, the watermarks ruin nothing.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

wow great work..... 350 looks great with those fat rear tyres sticking out!!!

That's the first thing I noticed too.

Always being behind the wheel up until that point meant I had no idea what it looked like on the move.

I've decided it looks even better than sitting still.   :thumbsup:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Round-up from Luke...

I wasn't quite sure what to expect coming back to Eastern Creek this month. Having just returned form the most demanding, scary, exhilarating, pants browning race track in the world - the Nurburgring, I didn't know if the Creek would still measure up. Luckily I got to drive a decent amount of laps on Wednesday and I really have to say that it is still such a fun track to drive! Plenty of elevation changes, off camber corners, two decent hairpins and a good long straight...I still had a smile on my face for every lap! But maybe that had something to do with the distinct lack of maniac motorcycle riders, zero campervans and not one 30 year old Cortina wedged full of pocked marked teenagers grinning madly at the prospect of another lap to test the adhesive quality of 5 year old race tape they have used to keep the car from disintegrating - that aptly describes what you see on every single lap of the "Green Hell!"

However I digress. This roundup is not about the 'Ring tour (I promise I will write on this year!), it's about another cracking day at Eastern Creek watching a packed pit lane indulge in their chosen vice in stunning sunshine on a challenging yet thoroughly enjoyable track. As always there was plenty of variety there to see, everything from the R36 Passat (a weapon mind you!), through to the Pagani Zonda was on show. Aston Martin Vanquish S, a hand built Ford GT40 replica race car, the absolutely bonkers AMG CLK63 Black Series, the new Ferrari California and my personal favourite, one of only a few dozen left in the world Lotus Esprit Sport 350. Yep, the twin turbo V8 Lotus that was the ducks dangly bits in the late 90's and Allan's car is a stunning example. But I think the car that had everyone's head turning when it drove down pit lane for its first outing with its new owner, was the Ford V8 Supercar still in its Dick Johnson Racing livery from 2000! Matt has brought the car as his track day toy - slightly detuned for reliability of course - but what a great bit of kit! It is a bona fide Bathurst w inner and still looks and sounds the part. It's great that the Burrows Days can cater for such a diverse range of cars.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Great day out and good write-up but Eastern Creek and Nurburgring don't belong in the same sentence.  Not that one is better or worse but the 'Ring is such an amazing/crazy/utterly different place it shouldn't be compared with a regular racetrack.