Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
We saw the wingless spin from the stairs, but no also didn't see it come off.

pku said he got it on video.  Hopefully that turns out.

But here's a photo from the Sagaris owner...  glad it was the only one on the track at the time!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
holy sh|t! So many lambo's out

TTZ was funny...  walks out to pitlane and says something like "geez look at all these... everyone's got one..."

Then of course he went and brought his own around to pitlane.   :cool:

Offline cel

Offline cel

I take it the Murcie Roadster is the same as this one:

Offline akatyk

Offline super squalo

• Drives: anything you put petrol in
We saw the wingless spin from the stairs, but no also didn't see it come off.

pku said he got it on video.  Hopefully that turns out.

But here's a photo from the Sagaris owner...  glad it was the only one on the track at the time!

Metal fatigue or the bolts not tight enough would have got the drivers attention ???

we had a Ralt RT4 out at our last track day could only go out on his own looked and sounded sweet :D

sounds like you all enjoyed
try it you may like !!!

Back from the Dead

Offline pku

Couple of other pics. Think the TVR must of been the most photographed car on the day.

I do have (poor quality) vid of the wing coming off but dont get the spins. No idea how to post it, will have a play on YouTube when I get a chance, or happy to send it to someone that knows what they are doing.

Offline TTz

• Mr White

:cool:

There bloody everywhere.....
Must be cheap
[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Luke's round-up.

Permalink with purdy pics etc here:
http://aussieexotics.com/2009/09/14/burrows-drive-day-eastern-creek-september-2009

We have had some amazing cars at the Burrows Days over the years, but I really think the September event took the cake. Two cars in particular drew the attention of all in pit lane - one is the most outrageously styled cars of our time, whilst the other marked an era in racing where only brave men dare tread!

The TVR Sagaris (the former of the above), doesn't just scream "look at me," it grabs you by the throat and yells "whattya YOU lookin' at, then?!" (spoken in your best Guy Ritchie London hard guy's accent!). TVR has never been a shrinking violet but the Sagaris pulled out all the stops. Vented and slatted, chopped and carved, the car screams aggression and has the performance and noise to match. Dom's car is the only example in Australia, and the Sagaris is a fitting farewell tribute to Peter Wheeler, the man who directed the small Woking car maker into the world's spot light.

Do you remember the days of the turbo charged V8 Formula One? Most us would, perhaps our younger viewers may struggle! Gracing pit lane at the last BDD was a 1988 March F1 car with a (now non-turbo) Cosworth V8 engine. Gold! Local racer Peter Landan has lovingly restored the car and the lunch break of the Burrows Day was its first run.

Drama and excitement seem to follow F1 cars wherever they are in the world (check out the latest development in the F1 soap opera with Flavio Briattore leaving Reanult amongst cheating claims), and it seems Peter is not immuned. In his first session a minor malfunction of the inboard fire extinguisher saw him completely covered in foam by turn 4. Across the radio I heard, "he's OK, but he looks like Santa Claus!"

His second incident was significantly more heart stopping when just on entry to turn 1 on his fastest lap, the rear wing sheared through its supports and sent the car into a 720 spin through the middle of the corner! Thankfully he managed to keep the car from hitting anything; however it did signal the end of his day (and my return to therapy!).

Despite some 'moments,' the car looked the part and sounded absolutely amazing! Better than any engine I have heard in a long time. Looking at Peter sitting in the car however, really showed how far driver safety in F1 has developed in 20 years - he looked like a hood ornament sitting that high up! Peter has committed to running the car at the remaining Burrows Days for this year during the lunch break, so if you didn't make the September event there is still an opportunity to see this amazing piece of history in action.

Thanks as always must go to our merry band of instructors who work tirelessly through the day in and out of cars; thanks guys. Thanks to Keith and Anni for their assistance in bringing the event together, and to Segafredo for the great coffee. Thanks to Markus from The Preston Group and Allan at Uber.biz for buying us that great coffee through the morning and afternoon sessions - is there anything better than free coffee?!?! Thanks to the photographers James from JPM and Shane from Flamestone for their pics. Click on the links to view their shots.