Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
eh? What's your recommended sizing oh racing car padawan?

Part was bad driving, just too fast for the conditions, on cold tyres, and went too wide in the wet on turn 7 through all the shite that collects out there (even thought i've done this 3 friggin times before). Actually thought as I went around 'wow, have lost it bad here before', then BOOMSKI, back flicks out and I'm spinning and no amount of fast twirling has me back on the track. Once on the grass, both feet on the brakes, car stalls and I'm a passenger slowly sliding towards the wall. Ended up a few metres away, bogged of course and had to slooowly reverse out.
There is a little switch that says ASR. When driving in the rain, DO NOT TURN IT OFF!!!
in saying this, last time i went to the creek, i went a little sideways at turn 7 too, strange, especially if you know my driving speeds :faint:....a little unforgiving that turn.
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline ferrarista2

std size is best  :cool:

or pump it up to 295/35/18

running 295/30 is shite (but it's what many do as the tyres are cheaper/more readily available)

as is anything less than original correct rolling circumference.

Looks shite too with great big wheel arch clearance like that.  :tilt:
Are you sure you know ALL ferrari models??
That is the limited edition 360 forester AWD.
Only a few made.  :D

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com

Offline ferrarista2

...or in your case, never ever.   :p
Well, if you are offering to wash it after, more than happy to take it out :thumbsup:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Well, if you are offering to wash it after, more than happy to take it out :thumbsup:

Keep it tucked away big boy - you're not my type.

Offline ferrarista2

Keep it tucked away big boy - you're not my type.
:sadnana:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
There is a little switch that says ASR. When driving in the rain, DO NOT TURN IT OFF!!!
in saying this, last time i went to the creek, i went a little sideways at turn 7 too, strange, especially if you know my driving speeds :faint:....a little unforgiving that turn.

If you put the car in sport mode, it allows SOME wheel spin, but not so much as to get you in trouble.

Spend about $2k with a couple of one on one lessons from a professional driver. It'll save you many $10ks in crash damage. oh, and some pride too. AND you'll then have the talent necessary to run without ASR.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Oh ladies please. Spinning on 7 was the way I was driving, in the conditions on the day on a turn where I've spun a few of the cars. Must have done 2000 laps of EC by now, so my spin rate's still less than 1% and I've managed not to dent anything by my ego so far  :)

Phils notes on pro driver training are a good idea, but they don't teach you / let you practice catching a car right (or beyond) the limit. As far as I can see that's just practice and managing to actually lose it a few dozen times.

That being said, seeing I'm not nannying any of our cars around the track and I know there's more mad skillz to learn, I'm going to jump back in for a bucket more skidpan / drift training to try and make sure that the limits seem a lot more familiar.

Who's up for a group booking on the skidpan at EC?
C'mon, do it!

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Offline harpoon

Hi. Never posted before but been reading a while. I was at the burrows day - actually was behind you when you went off  - in a BMW 135. It was bloody slippery in that first session, I think everyone struggled. That resurfaced bit was really upsetting my car - old track, new track, old track. My mate in a 599 had a massive tank slapper out of turn 12.

Anyway, I would be keen for a skid pan day, and could rally a couple more troops (Cayman S and 599)who were at the burrows day with me I think.

Cheers