Offline dkabab

Only thing it looks like it's missing. Golf course perfect grass.

Looks like a good event.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
there are two RHD ones in Aust, factory RHD
yep - one blue, one white - both were in Adl until a few years ago - Blue one still in the Smoker/Solitaire collection. White in Vic.
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Only thing it looks like it's missing. Golf course perfect grass.

It makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
yep - one blue, one white - both were in Adl until a few years ago - Blue one still in the Smoker/Solitaire collection. White in Vic.

i got that white one registered at regency park, was fun considering all controls were in german, couldnt get the demister to work, they had to use a dictionary to translate
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline TomE

Some thoughts on the event:

I initially planned to go to this even around noon but detoured for my little drive up Eagle on the Hill which was extended by a few hours as I discovered some new Adelaide Hills back roads. :D 

When I got there (3pm) their were no crowds and most people seemed to be owners of vehicles. The organizers seemed to have some very good backing from the major SA prestige car dealers which enabled some special cars to be displayed. (Belcar / Mercedes-Benz Adelaide / Solitaire / Adelaide BMW / Ferrari) I was impressed that they were all supporting the event. There was a distinct lack of camera kids or bogans around, probably as the event was not promoted on Facebook. Apparently the whole event was pulled together in 6 weeks which is impressive.

The let down was the way the cars were presented. As Dave and MHH pointed out the place lacked nice grass and as a result most of the cars were dusty. A majority of the cars were parked in the area beyond the front hedge which was too far away. They were parked in blocks with ribbons around them which made it difficult to really appreciate them. I believe Pebble Beach Concours park cars along their fairways which is ideal. The majority of cars cars could not be seen from the main area where people were seated/drinking.

If the could merge this event type of event with the Adelaide Motorsport Festival in Victoria Park it would be just about perfect day out (less the Jap Targa cars :)
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Speedfreak

• POWER!!!!

IMO Greener grass, more cars, more food & beverage options and areas = perfect

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

I didn't even know it was on, was it advertised
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Different location next year would be better or least an effort to green the grounds before hand. Do we have a Golf course with the brains to allow it?

Offline Speedfreak

• POWER!!!!

I didn't even know it was on, was it advertised
I just saw it on here.

But yeah a golf course would be great

Offline TomE

I just saw it on here.

Same. They had a tent at the Adelaide Motorsport Festival.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "