Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

nothing much to say... notes weren't quite right for that car on that corner... shoulda done a recce perhaps.. notes said 10 right then 5 right.. when it SHOULD have said, CAUTION! 10 into 5 right tightens, or something like that

thems the breaks..

I'll say it again..

Road rallies are THE MOST DANGEROUS FORM OF MOTORSPORT.... compete at your peril.

The tour is safer, but less satisfying if you do well.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

We had a fantastic last day today - not too many hold ups but enough to invoke 15 second starts which made for more exciting driving.  The Clarendon stage was the best.  A '73 911 in front of us lost a couple of seconds on the start and we were able to reel him in and get past him.  The M5's tyres were howling in protest on every corner but the acceleration on the short straights made up for it.

Over the 4 days we passed 5 or 6 cars and were overtaken only once - by a SLK 350 (with a lowered AMG suspension kit the owner told me) on yesterday's stage after lunch in Macclesfield with 15 second intervals.  Sadly, his confidence seemed to get him into trouble today and he was one of the few TT entrants to crash out (on the same stage as the 308 Phil mentions above).

The rally was great fun with as much enjoyment in the meeting people and talking between stages as in the driving.  I admire those who compete against the clock - I wouldn't be brave enough to do this.  Those trees are very hard I'm told. 

I'll be back in the TT - despite the fine for exceeding the limit!  :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
All excellent to hear, obviously the experience far outweighs anything that can be said in a few paragraphs.

I'll be back in the TT - despite the fine for exceeding the limit!  :thumbsup:

Would you consider entering the untimed/unlimited section but not bothering with speed?  I think that's the way I'd go.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Would you consider entering the untimed/unlimited section but not bothering with speed?  I think that's the way I'd go.

I'd think about it but probably wouldn't do it - it requires a car with a cage etc and TBH I'm not really into it enough to do this.  Good luck to those who do though.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
oops..

"my" 308, the Gilliver/Shelshear car crashed out today while leading category and class and 9th outright...

bugger

c'mon....a rag and a bit of polish and it'll be like new again.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

c'mon....a rag and a bit of polish and it'll be like new again.

Err, no

I need a rh door, frame, glass and sill panels too if anyone knows where there are some.

also, a glass/carbon engine deck lid while I'm at it.

Offline ADL is crap for exotics

Heres some of my pics.

Quite happy about some of them, but hot spots are my worst enemy. :mad:

Enjoy:

P.S - Ash - What car do you drive?

Offline 265T

"my" 308, the Gilliver/Shelshear car crashed out today while leading category and class and 9th outright...

i had a look as we passed it, he was lucky to get out of it as light as he did - could have been a lot worse  :eek:

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Well, a day of disappointment all round really. The 360C decided to peg out mid way through the Mt Lofty stage with an electrics smell and various warnings of electrical woe indicating a charging rate of only 10.5V. The car made the flying finish, so the pics should be interesting.

A borrowed supplementary booster battery was drained before the car even reached the Piccadilly stage, and more smoke emitted from the isolation switch even though it was off. The console was removed, and there were no obvious signs of damage apart from a very hot ceramic resistor on the isolation switch. The service crew who loaned the booster battery turned up again and had a better poke around, but could not isolate the problem. So the car was consigned back to the workshop on a flatbed. However by the end of the event the 360C had morphed into a 308GTB, so we were able to finish. That 308GTB really does have the most delightful old school engine note, so seductive!!

So, despite a list of screwups as long as a jumbo size toilet roll on my part, thanks again to Goober for putting up with us!

However the CA first timer hard-luck award must certainly go to Beama. Starting the day first in class, a relay decided to pop out of its mounting, and 20 odd minutes were lost isolating the problem. After such a gutting experience, and a slight faux-pas on the ramp, a heavy handed security guy picked on the wrong person to have a little joke with when he told Beama that the after event drinks were only open to navigators.........

Offline 265T