Offline 265T

www.classicadelaide.com.au

After a 6 year hiatus, the Classic Adelaide Rally is set to return to both the Adelaide Hills and Fleurieu Peninsula of South Australia.

The introduction of the Adelaide Motorsport Festival in 2014 sparked much interest amongst the South Australian motorsport community, and reminded us of the rich motoring heritage we possess.

In 2015 the Classic Adelaide Rally returns as a major component of the Adelaide Motorsport Festival, recreating the iconic and world renowned tarmac rally of South Australia that was held between 1996 and 2009.

The nostalgic nature and world class quality of the rally is fitting with the concept of the Adelaide Motorsport Festival, and maintains the authenticity of the original Classic Adelaide Rally theme. The main field of competition is for cars pre 1986, with sub-categories for both Early Classic (pre 1972), Late Classic (pre 1986) and new speed limited category of Thoroughbred Trophy (pre 1986).

For competitors with more modern vehicles (1986-Current), a speed limited,  Sports Trophy class will be offered with a unique points system. Similarly a TSD Trophy class will be offered that is also speed limited to 130kmph. Uniquely, competitors within this class will be required to meet a set average speed on each stage posing a mathematical challenge for both Driver and Co Driver. Further information on all Trophy classes can be found here.

There is also a large touring component on offer for vehicles of all ages. These cars will traverse the entire route as part of a tour packet with a tour leader setting the pace.

The rally centres around Victoria Park for scrutineering on Thursday 16th October and cars head out to the Fleurieu on Friday Morning  for day one of competition.  Saturday sees the rally take to the Adelaide Hills before returning to Victoria Park at approximately 4:45pm for the Podium Presentation.  On Sunday 18th, the Rally Cars take to the Victoria Park Circuit for a timed sprint session in the morning which is separate from the rally competition of the previous two days. Over the course of the rally, the competitors will cover over 550 touring kilometers which includes approximately 155 competitive closed road kilometers. This is an enduring test of driver skill and stamina, as well as mechanical reliability.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
i am no way interested......

whats the cost
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
3 grand for you

believe me, after holding the hand of a dying competitor in 09

cant get the look out of my head even now, so glad we stopped doing it
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Trophy class looks good to me. Talked about doing the Targa Tassie in the past, this seems like a bargain.  :thumbsup: :scratchchin:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
believe me, after holding the hand of a dying competitor in 09

cant get the look out of my head even now, so glad we stopped doing it

We're all gonna die some time mate.. Better to die living life how you want to live it, rather than expire on a couch watching TV. YOLO.

Offline Tiger

That is great news were do I sign.....  :thumbsup: I wonder if Bank SA would chip in with the fee.
Roll on summer

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
this could be fun

I will be looking further into it

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
We're all gonna die some time mate.. Better to die living life how you want to live it, rather than expire on a couch watching TV. YOLO.

I stopped Tarmac Rallies after doing 5 of them  because they were too dangerous. You can get the same thrill on a race circuit with far less chance of killing yourself in the process.