Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I stopped Tarmac Rallies after doing 5 of them  because they were too dangerous. You can get the same thrill on a race circuit with far less chance of killing yourself in the process.

correct, weekend warriors with a licence to kill or maim.

I'm surprised this event can get council approval given the hills, onkaparinga, alexandrina councils are opposed to tarmac rallies due to ill publicity of their roads and the carnage that prevails.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Tiger

I have been doing thease hills for years on a bike it will be nice to have a roll cage and closed roads. You can be fast and safe at the same time.
Roll on summer

Offline Tiger

correct, weekend warriors with a licence to kill or maim.

I'm surprised this event can get council approval given the hills, onkaparinga, alexandrina councils are opposed to tarmac rallies due to ill publicity of their roads and the carnage that prevails.

Willunga Hill was given a green light by Onkaparinga council last year, Alma mile is a green light also.
Roll on summer

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Willunga Hill was given a green light by Onkaparinga council last year, Alma mile is a green light also.

Mt Alma is owned on both sides of the road by the same landowner and the road leads no where of significance. Willunga Hill is a preference because it doesn't affect too many landowners and there is the main highway for others to use.

Hindmarsh Falls is a different story, multiple landowners and not very many happy to see a road blockage for a rally
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Tiger

Mt Alma is owned on both sides of the road by the same landowner and the road leads no where of significance. Willunga Hill is a preference because it doesn't affect too many landowners and there is the main highway for others to use.

Hindmarsh Falls is a different story, multiple landowners and not very many happy to see a road blockage for a rally

Tour down blunder shits me off so why can't we have rallies!
More dickheads with P plates and pissed idiots are a bigger problem.
Roll on summer

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Tour down blunder shits me off so why can't we have rallies!
More dickheads with P plates and pissed idiots are a bigger problem.

The bad publicity comes from 4 main factors:

drivers who cant drive but think they can…..the ambitions v capabilities curve gets crossed

councils get sick of picking up the pieces of body and car matter off the roads

locals who pay council rates have a voice and when voting comes around that is a contributing matter

drivers who refuse to listen to the drivers briefing and think a roll cage is their kevlar bullet proof vest.

Just look at the carnage at all events, its always the wet road/ the corner was too sharp/ the throttle got stuck etc etc, its the driver/s fault……nothing more nothing less

this video is a current Aust GT driver listening intently to his navigator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgtXQEHxWE

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Whatever the pros and cons, the affected Councils have presumably approved the event so the question is........who is entering?

Me, I'm not sure. Safety isn't so much concern as I drive pretty slowly in non-comp categories. It's probably that I can (and do) drive these roads all the time with any officials telling me when to go and when to stop.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I have been doing thease hills for years on a bike it will be nice to have a roll cage and closed roads. You can be fast and safe at the same time.

That is the great illusion . You hit a tree at 200 Kmh an hour and a roll cage will just make it harder for them to pull your body out of the wreck. There are lots of trees to hit on public roads.
In my last Targa I remember doing 200 kmh in the driving rain with trees 6ft away on both sides and thinking this is INSANE !!!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Whatever the pros and cons, the affected Councils have presumably approved the event

wanna bet

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

my people tell me its the Yankalilla council and Adela Hills council that are affected and the approval has been given. Iys being run by the Sporting Car Club SA with backing from the outfit who run Targa Tas. The councils will approve roads on a bi annual basis, so expect an event in those council jurisdictions every second year.
The event for next year will more than likely use other councils if they get approval