Offline Tiger

That is the great illusion . You hit a tree at 200 Kmh an hour and a roll cage will just make it harder for them to pull your body out of the wreck. There are lots of trees to hit on public roads.
In my last Targa I remember doing 200 kmh in the driving rain with trees 6ft away on both sides and thinking this is INSANE !!!

I don't like the wet. Some crazy's do the same speeds on public roads every weekend not under race conditions or roll cage. 200kmh is when the fun starts 280/300kmh is INSANE just like the Northwest 200.

At the end of the day it's your own call on the risks you take unless you get hit buy oncoming traffic and that slim on a closed road event but very common on open public roads. If you do have a moment it's better to be in a five point belt and a roll cage than a lap belt and nothing.
Roll on summer

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I don't like the wet. Some crazy's do the same speeds on public roads every weekend not under race conditions or roll cage. 200kmh is when the fun starts 280/300kmh is INSANE just like the Northwest 200.

At the end of the day it's your own call on the risks you take unless you get hit buy oncoming traffic and that slim on a closed road event but very common on open public roads. If you do have a moment it's better to be in a five point belt and a roll cage than a lap belt and nothing.

I think the point the guys are making is that hitting a tree at racing speeds will kill or maim you just as surely whether you have a seatbelt or full harness and cage. Just ask Brocky.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I think the point the guys are making is that hitting a tree at racing speeds will kill or maim you just as surely whether you have a seatbelt or full harness and cage. Just ask Brocky.

hit nail head..

correct

its not the oncoming traffic, its farmer joe backing his massey fergy from a blind crest or the stray cow or as we had in 07 at Maccesfield some farmer doing shooting practice with his 303 at the cars
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
hit nail head..

correct

its not the oncoming traffic, its farmer joe backing his massey fergy from a blind crest or the stray cow or as we had in 07 at Maccesfield some farmer doing shooting practice with his 303 at the cars

..........or the oil dropped on a blind corner by the car immediately before you.
..........or the accident over a blind crest that you happen to be the 1st to discover.
Or a half dozen other potentially lethal scenarios.

Tarmac Rallies are very, very dangerous. Most fun stuff I have done; but not worth the risk.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I work for one of the councils in question. To my knowledge no approvals have been passed by council for the event in that region. I will however investigate tomorrow.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline TomE

this could be fun

I will be looking further into it

I'm keen.

I plan to do TT or Tour in the E Type.

Entry fee is being cover by an iconic sa company I spoke to today putting some stickers on my car which should look very cool.

I've got no interest in competition. I see this event as a chance to drive some wonderful roads following a racing line which you can't do on a Sunday morning drive. Speed wise I'll drive safely to the conditions , my cars capacity and my own driving ability.

The Targa 2012 experience was pretty much perfect. Hopefully this will be more of the same.

Where is tour leader Les???
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

..........or the oil dropped on a blind corner by the car immediately before you.
..........or the accident over a blind crest that you happen to be the 1st to discover.
Or a half dozen other potentially lethal scenarios.

Tarmac Rallies are very, very dangerous. Most fun stuff I have done; but not worth the risk.

I'm still looking forward to the Tour Auto.  Mind you this one is a big social event.  And I'm really excited that it so happens my Mum who lives in QLD will actually be in France at the same time and is coming to meet us in Paris for the start of the rally.

I do however prefer driving fast on a track for all the reasons you and others list above. :thumbsup:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I'm still looking forward to the Tour Auto.  Mind you this one is a big social event.  And I'm really excited that it so happens my Mum who lives in QLD will actually be in France at the same time and is coming to meet us in Paris for the start of the rally.

That's awesome.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I do however prefer driving fast on a track for all the reasons you and others list above. :thumbsup:

Don't bend it, that would be the most expensive accident you will ever have :p

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It'll be hard to beat that for a magic moment.