Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

I'm still looking forward to the Tour Auto.  Mind you this one is a big social event.  And I'm really excited that it so happens my Mum who lives in QLD will actually be in France at the same time and is coming to meet us in Paris for the start of the rally.

I do however prefer driving fast on a track for all the reasons you and others list above. :thumbsup:

I am expecting heaps of photos Brett!!!

Coming up soon?
Why such a long face?

Offline pku

..........or the oil dropped on a blind corner by the car immediately before you.
..........or the accident over a blind crest that you happen to be the 1st to discover.
Or a half dozen other potentially lethal scenarios.

Tarmac Rallies are very, very dangerous. Most fun stuff I have done; but not worth the risk.

Couldn't agree more especially in our silly little cars at the time. Having done six Targa Tasmania's, I think some (most) people take it far too seriously, remember in a true Targa you are racing for a plate that you obtain by completing the stages within a set time, most of which are achievable by quick clean driving. We won our class and category on more than one occasion by simply finishing. A gold plate was truly awesome. Apart from the increasing cost, the number of teams that were going far too hard and not respecting those that were there to enjoy the event have spoilt it for us and many others. Track days however ......

Offline TomE

Anyone heard rumors of what the 43 km stage will be? I'm assuming it will be down Fleurieu Peninsula / Victor Harbour way
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Tiger

15 laps of the Wayvillering.

I've had a few speedway wins on that track I love Wayviillering
Roll on summer

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I've had a few speedway wins on that track I love Wayviillering

Speedway?  What were you racing Tiger?  I was brought up around Speedway.  Love it, especially the Sprintcars.

Offline Tiger

Speedway?  What were you racing Tiger?  I was brought up around Speedway.  Love it, especially the Sprintcars.

I raced formula 500 for years great fun. About 1.5 seconds a lap slower than a Sprintcar around Murray Bridge, Wayville. Held a few lap records on the way.
Roll on summer

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I raced formula 500 for years great fun. About 1.5 seconds a lap slower than a Sprintcar around Murray Bridge, Wayville. Held a few lap records on the way.

Any photos?  I'm not familiar with those.  We had Sprintcars, Midgets and TQ's (and bikes and sidecars until the track was just too rough for them).  I'm assuming the formula 500 cars are the sedany looking cars that run the same V8 as Sprintcars?

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Haha, you posted photos as I was typing away. :D

OK that looks very similar to a TQ/midget in size only it has wings.  You have what looks like a motorcycle engine which was what TQ's ran in NZ.

That's a nice looking bit of kit.  Can't beat going sideways.  I've never raced one but had a few drives at Mere Mere in NZ.

Offline Tiger

Haha, you posted photos as I was typing away. :D

OK that looks very similar to a TQ/midget in size only it has wings.  You have what looks like a motorcycle engine which was what TQ's ran in NZ.

That's a nice looking bit of kit.  Can't beat going sideways.  I've never raced one but had a few drives at Mere Mere in NZ.

Rotax motor on methanol around 125/135 bhp at the wheels depending on the track/pipes fitted.
I think that car was around 185kg wet. I built the motors and made my own pipes, it was very hands on.
Roll on summer