Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Great day - and it is still going for some - with lots of  interesting cars to look at, plenty of fun driving, a tasty lunch and a personalised tour of one of Australia's oldest estate grown wineries - Langmeil at Tanunda.  I gave my co-driver John the wheel for a while on the way up and he scared the shit out of me when he looked like trying to pass Les - who probably doesn't respond well to being passed.  :eek:

John and I left before most of the gang at the winery but there will be lots of pics up later.  Our gang didn't go to the organised Climb lunch so I don't know what that was like but we didn't see any cars on the way home so I guess it finished nice and early.

Fun day all round.  :thumbsup:

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Couple of teaser pics before we're swamped by Ash's HQ pics.

I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline M500

Looks like a good turnout of cars.

MHH the Murci looks great, I am yet to see it in the flesh but cant wait for the day when I can.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
The field seems to get bigger each year.

3 wide all the way back to the blue arrow.

Here's the view from the back of the grid - with the Riff Raff.

I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

It certainly was a good day! And on seeing MHH's Murcielago for the first time, it certainly does outstun what I thought was his stunning Gallardo SE!

I was late at the start so cheated by joining just after the VIP group at the start rather than get stuck in the later traffic jam. A decent run up to Hahndorf, it helps having a car with short legs so it was probably slow for everyone else, and having a police car as the pace vehicle would help to curtail exuberance!

A good run through to Angaston for the regroup and onto Vintners. Apologies for no map, I figured everyone knew where it was! I thought the Vintners lunch was much better than previously at the Vine Inn, also more elbow room at the table than being jammed in. Then the day was tied up nicely with the tour of Langmeil, thanks do Les's mate David for organising that.

Also thanks to all for coming along, I thought it was a great day, and much better than the usual Climb to the Eagle run. It didn't even rain!