Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
id come to anything
sat in the house all day bored out of my brain

I only have a quasi exotic though, not in the same league as some of the machinery in the coconut run

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
id come to anything
sat in the house all day bored out of my brain

I only have a quasi exotic though, not in the same league as some of the machinery in the coconut run

I'm sure anything european sports would comply. I think you have it covered.

Oh yeah, and of course NSX's and new GTR's.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I'm sure anything european sports would comply. I think you have it covered.

Oh yeah, and of course NSX's and new GTR's.
I don't think R35 GTR's should be invited, they might stand the rest up in more than 1 way :scared:

Offline M308

• Degranged

I don't think R35 GTR's should be invited, they might stand the rest up in more than 1 way :scared:
I can not believe I have not had a bite yet :scratchchin:

Offline 1991 Motoring

Just how you got the guys to come and where you drove. 

Basically MHH, I've been looking at the Californian runs/events over the past ex amount of years in awe and ever since I attended one in '07, I've wanted to see that happen in Perth. I shoot for the Ferrari Club of WA and we're only allowed F-cars along... I wanted to change this!

I sent out an email to a few of my clients letting them know that I'll be having a run on 2nd August and if they'd like to come down it'll be a good day.

I'm close to a few exotics owners in Perth, so whether anyone showed up from the email or not, we'd have around 5 or so Ferrari's regardless. As you can see, people showed :)

We started at Parliament Place, West Perth - Through the tunnel heading South - Along Orrong Road. - Right onto Tonkin Highway - Off onto Armadale Road and though the suburbs - Down a couple more streets - Onto Spearwood Ave - Then hitting the cafe strip in Fremantle.

We pulled in for 15 minutes in Freo, just to re-group and cool off.

Then continued toward Cottesloe - Along Marine Parade (Past Cott Beach) - Onto West Coast Hwy - Hitting Karrinyup Road - Then finishing up at a cafe along Karrinyup road.

It took around 80mins or so. The route was enjoyed by everyone and for next time we'll have a longer one.

Offline 1991 Motoring

They're hellishly quick cars I can tell you now!! I was shooting out of one on the run and they can move!

Offline M308

• Degranged

I used to love organising cruise days or nights. I was Vice President of the Commodore Club of SA years & years ago & it was very professional, not like the idiots these days who just get together to do burnouts & drag each other off at every set of lights etc. We would have up to 150 cars on any one cruise & just have a briefing prior to setting off from each stop, everyone had a comprehensive cruise sheet which I set up to show exactly where we were heading & stopping. It was alot of fun & would love to do it again in the near future :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks 1991.  It sounds like a great spectator event.  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure it would work in Adelaide - less exotics here and when they do come out, it isn't usually to cruise the 'burbs. (Our Hills are too tempting.:mischief: ) But I'd like to see someone try it.  Maybe as a fundraiser for a charity?  Charge the owners to bring their cars- they/we can afford it - and it would give the parade a worthy purpose. 

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

Nice work on the event, would love to have been there to take a few snaps myself! Well done! :thumbsup:

I noticed the baby blue Gallardo actually has "Lambo" doors, ive never seen them before on a Gallardo, and i dont mind them

Thanks 1991.  It sounds like a great spectator event.  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure it would work in Adelaide - less exotics here and when they do come out, it isn't usually to cruise the 'burbs. (Our Hills are too tempting.:mischief: ) But I'd like to see someone try it.  Maybe as a fundraiser for a charity?  Charge the owners to bring their cars- they/we can afford it - and it would give the parade a worthy purpose. 

I think your right re; it not working in Adelaide, i Did Mention it to Dave about possibly piecing one together between the pair of us, but as you said, the hills are so much more fun!

A Charity one, similar to the Cruise For Charity that Street Commodores put on each year might not be a bad way to go about it though!
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline 1991 Motoring

Hi all :)

As promised the 2nd part of pictures from the Coconut Run.

Enjoy!