Offline CortinaD

Perfect carpark, just need a mobile coffee vendor

Ferrari with an espresso machine built into the front

Offline TomE

I like the idea of a morning meet up, somewhere close to town, have a coffee, see some interesting cars then those with weekend family commitments can take off and those without can head to the hills/beaches.

Public car park on Jerningham Street North Adelaide?? The Old Lion is open for breakfast across the road from 8am, or there is a Cibo 50m away.

Dates??? just use the same ones as Brisbane?

Time 9am ???

my 2c

Offline CortinaD

I like the idea of a morning meet up, somewhere close to town, have a coffee, see some interesting cars then those with weekend family commitments can take off and those without can head to the hills/beaches.

Public car park on Jerningham Street North Adelaide?? The Old Lion is open for breakfast across the road from 8am, or there is a Cibo 50m away.

Dates??? just use the same ones as Brisbane?

Time 9am ???

my 2c

That isn't a ACC park and they love to fine if you don't buy a ticket.

The Dunn street carpark is ACC but it is tucked in behind shops

Offline kailin

• Drives: 535i
boungiorno's norwood?cafe palazzo N adelaide/my faviourate Cafe Paesano's?

Offline Brenton

• DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Hi guys
my 2 cents worth

1- coffee available in viewing distance of cars, if you can't get your take away and then stroll around the cars it wont work.
2- eastern burbs, e.g. the parade, a perception of class and saftey
3- dates the same as Qld as we can then piggy back that website and concept
4- big ticket cars to arrive for the first 3 or 4 if it dose not start with a great turn out of real exotics then it is doomed

good luck and have fun

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'd probably come along once to be obliging but what's in it for people to shine their cars up and bring them along?  I mean who has the time?

Online anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Locations so far

Mount Lofty
Windy Point
Feathers Hotel
The Maid
McDonald's at Harbourtown or TTP
Lion in Melbourne St
Marmalade Cafe - Edward St Norwood
Edwards Park. which is at the south end of West Tce
roof top carpark on the parade
Hutt Rd
Various Bunnings
Kurulta park shopping centre on Anzac hwy.
carpark at Etsa Stadium opposite Bunnings at Keswick.
Pt Willunga...
Public car park on Jerningham Street North Adelaide
Dunn street carpark
boungiorno's norwood?
cafe palazzo N adelaide
Cafe Paesano's

Thats the suggestions so far...
The plan is for Sunday morning so we have to look at space for cars and if the location is open, Im not sure how many cafe's are open on a Sunday morning.
In the long term it could become large if its open to all comers so we could have to move if we pick somewhere small or used by shoppers.

There are quite a few coffee/catering vans in Adelaide. I found some easily on google last night so
the location doesnt have to have catering.

I was thinking it would be smart thinking if someone on the site has a suitable business in a shopping centre they could have it at their location and help build their business. Possibly no one in this state is in that position but in other states it could be a good idea for someone to organise a C&C each month. If you owned something like a snack bar or a hobby shop in a big shopping centre you sure could do good business from it if it grew like the American events.

I dont know how many here saw the Street Machine cruise nights held over summer but they looked like they were getting well over 200 cars. If the C&C was open to anyone and they jumped on board I could see it ending up that big or bigger.

Offline dkabab

i can see it starting out quite good, few exotics etc... plenty of euro cars... then the import brigade will start showing up, the exotics will decline and it will either become a youth event for jap cars, or will fade into nothing.

most of the people who DRIVE their nice cars are on here and go for semi regular drives/coffee on weekends anyway.
there are plenty of exotics in adel, but they only come out once or twice a year for fear of the elements...

Online anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Im not normally one to try and be exclusive but Id like to see it held somewhere so that it is more exclusive and probably invite only. Maybe via an invite only thread on here where the details are made available to keep the idiots away.... I know thats not what happens at the C&C events but we do have a pain in the butt ricer and commondore community in SA that like to show what 135kw's at the flywheel can do when they have an audience. Clowns like that then have a great time and ruin it for everyone else.

Im thinking its something we do maybe 3 times a year and we invite people we know that have nice cars and will fit in like the Jeremy Cordeux's of Adelaide , people that might get a buzz out of dragging their cars along to a Sunday morning gathering of exotics without the rabble knowing its going on. Most of us know some of the people that would come along with great cars but aren't forum regulars and they could be invited.

Perhaps we could give Ash the ownership of it (if he wants it) and call it the AE C&C and unless youre in the know, via AE or an AE regular inviting you youre not gonna know where the next one is....

That way its not gonna get too big, it wont be too often and its pretty easy to attend as its a gathering not a cruise.

Thats my 2.4c worth.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

If it's a private gathering of enthusiasts, why not park at Central Matket? Cars are undercover, lotsa cafe's, safe, not busy, great for sounds. We could give advance notice to carpark management to ensure no issues. Would ground clearance be a problem?