Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
We already have an invite only section - which is what AE was founded on - and as kebabs mentioned earlier they go on drives already.

Adelaide doesn't have a Chapel Street to show off cars for those who just want to sip coffee and watch people admire them, hell, we've got the hills 15 mins away, an hour or two of actually using the car THEN pulling over for a coffee/brekky is how it's always been done here.

We love to catch up just to shoot the shit every month or two, but tbh, if you're just catching up then the car itself is pretty unimportant.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I think a gathering of this sort could be interesting and you've got to have the cars there as they are a major talking point for us enthusiasts. Keep it informal with invites through word of mouth and not have clubs participating. Hopefully we get to see some of the less driven cars and meet new enthusiasts. I'm not fussed if the cars are not too visible to the public but don't mind if they want to check it out either.

Imagine the sounds in a covered car park... it would be awesome :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm not sure why someone who doesn't bring their car out now will start doing so, just to get a coffee in a windy car park. I think it works in cities with 10 times the car ownership we have got, but won't work in Adelaide. Some of us are likely to turn up, see 3 friends and say "It's a nice day, let's go for a drive" and suddenly the joint is empty and all that's left are half a dozen anoraks and a pissed-off coffee vendor. :p

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
We already have an invite only section - which is what AE was founded on - and as kebabs mentioned earlier they go on drives already.

Adelaide doesn't have a Chapel Street to show off cars for those who just want to sip coffee and watch people admire them, hell, we've got the hills 15 mins away, an hour or two of actually using the car THEN pulling over for a coffee/brekky is how it's always been done here.

We love to catch up just to shoot the shit every month or two, but tbh, if you're just catching up then the car itself is pretty unimportant.

well than you are in the wrong state lol
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I'm not sure why someone who doesn't bring their car out now will start doing so, just to get a coffee in a windy car park. I think it works in cities with 10 times the car ownership we have got, but won't work in Adelaide. Some of us are likely to turn up, see 3 friends and say "It's a nice day, let's go for a drive" and suddenly the joint is empty and all that's left are half a dozen anoraks and a pissed-off coffee vendor. :p

Personal invites would work and between us I'm sure we could muster more than 4 cars.. and I promise not to suggest we go for a drive instead, until after the sixth car arrives :P :D

So, how did this all get started anyway?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
So, how did this all get started anyway?

I had to press one to get a reminder  :p It was someone talking about the BrisVegas C&C.

My thoughts were to get some new cars along via invites and word of mouth that we dont normally see. I wouldnt mind seeing some older classics, there really are 246's in Adelaide, some GT 40 replicars and id love to see something like Jeremy's Rolls convertible.
We could still say we meet at 9 and anyone wanting to go for a drive we plan on cruising at 10- 10.30.

Im not too fussed, Id come if people wanted to do it but Ive run so many cars shows in life i'm happy to lay in bed too...

(note to self, two comments in a row mentioning someone named Jeremy.............................................. seek help)

Offline TJB

Marmalade Cafe - Edward St Norwood - choice of carpark there and/or one across road where Coles is located.
Ahead of your time here.  There was one at this spot this morning for the first time. 

Set up by a guy who runs a Porsche Facebook page, judging by photos on social media it looked like a good turnout.  Lot of nice 911s (old and new), a few Ferraris and Lambos, and looks like Zagame brought a few cars too.  Apparently it'll be a regular event.

Offline Tmaus

Ahead of your time here.  There was one at this spot this morning for the first time. 

Set up by a guy who runs a Porsche Facebook page, judging by photos on social media it looked like a good turnout.  Lot of nice 911s (old and new), a few Ferraris and Lambos, and looks like Zagame brought a few cars too.  Apparently it'll be a regular event.
How often will they be held?

Offline dkabab

Organiser contacted all the dealers. I was hoping to take a GT3 down but I had to work today.