Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
So whilst on our Italian adventure we attended the Concourso D'Elaganza at Lake Como. We flew into Milan on Saturday morning and headed towards Como, unfortunately the rental place had run out of sat nav CD's so we were left to paper maps! So after working out that if I used my left hand to changed gears I would end up falling out the open door, we got onto the Autostrada. Now I had heard that Italian drivers were 'interesting' but this was something else, speed limits are merely minimums I think, if you do 110 you better be in the slow lane! It was great fun once we got used to it. So we got to Como and found ourselves a park in the grounds of the Villa Erba, and walking out of the grounds we come across an F40 sitting under a tree! So that set the tone for the day. Epic pieces of machinery everywhere. Once inside the Concourso we had a quick squizz at the Mini's and BMW's inside and headed outside. Another quick look around the historic motorcycles but then on to the RM Auction display, the reason we went on the Saturday as well was because you could actually get up close to the cars (whereas on Sunday they were all roped off), so got some good pics. It was cool to see the Lambo concepts, so glad that we got to see them, not too sure the significance of the calculator in the Athon though. The other cars were also great in their own rights, the Talbot Teardrop was an incredible machine and I found a Ferrari I'd definitely own (if I had a spare €2.5 million) in the 250 LWB spider. Oh and on the way back to the car we wandered past the participants carpark and sitting there was a Pagani Zonda!

So on Sunday the main concourse display was there along with the concept cars. I got to have a chat with Jim Glickenhaus about the P4/5C, really nice bloke. Had a look around at all the cars, came across a Lamborghini 400GT that read 23 miles on the odometer (which I'm hoping is from the rebuild not the factory). Also they had the electric Phantom there as well. The setting at the Villa Erba is fantastic, right on the edge of Lake Como, it was beautiful and kept the wife happy as well!

This is just a selection of pics, I've put the link to the gallery as well.

http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/thumbnails-487.html

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks for the pics, Cam.  Looks like a great weekend.  :thumbsup:

Offline cel

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
You'd want to hope there were no flies hanging around with your jaw hanging open like it would have been.

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Great Pics, thanks for transporting us there.

Nissan should sue Audi for a "passing off" infringement for appropriating their design........

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

I was thinking how boring the Audi looked amongst all the other cars.....

everyone copies everyone ..... cars are like music and building design.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Man - worth it for the Bertone/Gandini portion alone. :worship:

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
definitely on the bucket list to go to one of these!!!  :worship:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Man - worth it for the Bertone/Gandini portion alone. :worship:
Thats a really sad point... The Bertone cars were auctioned off during the show so will probably never been seen together again. :(
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/05/bertone-auctions-off-some-of-its-most.html

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Love the electric Rolls.  Really, this is the best application of electric car technology - plenty of room for batteries, quietness is important, mostly used for short urban journeys, cost increase easily absorbed due to high price.