Offline 98octane

I gave up alcohol 6 weeks ago.  At first it was very hard, not because I need a drink, but because having a beer or two with friends sometimes is the event. But gradually they all started to get used to it, as did I.  My dry spell ends tomorrow, but I think I'll continue to drink less for the foreseeable future.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Maybe we should form a club ?
Friends of ex drinkers ?

lol...great  idea.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
It annoys me that I really like wine but any more than 2 glasses and im wobbly.

I like the drinking but not the drunking.

Beer I can generally take or leave... but a really cold one on a hot day is nice and refreshing... but so is iced water.

I like stout ales like guiness for their creaminess.. but again... one pint is enough otherwise i start getting drunk.

Some drinkers become noisy and boisterous but I just get sleepy.

And dopey...

Offline app

I gave up alcohol 6 weeks ago.  At first it was very hard, not because I need a drink, but because having a beer or two with friends sometimes is the event. But gradually they all started to get used to it, as did I.  My dry spell ends tomorrow, but I think I'll continue to drink less for the foreseeable future.

I thought about giving up the booze recently. I got sick of drinking with people who drink a lot and try and force me to do the same.

So the compromise I achieved is no alcohol during the week, be firm when I drink with those who drink a lot and stop drinking when I start to feel tipsy.

Offline Ferrariadvocates

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It's a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the resurrection of the Easter bunny. Getting up early means first go at the chocolate eggs. Snoozers are losers. :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Had too much again last night, just watching TV and not counting them, I know why too, the only way to make TV remotely bearable is to drink while watching it, only on weekends mind you but it's still no way to spend my life.

Decided to get out every weekend from here on, movie , I don't care, anything but not hang around the house, that's when the boredom sets in.

I'll still have the catch up every 2 weeks at the local with mates but that's it from now on............I hope.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Had too much again last night, just watching TV and not counting them, I know why too, the only way to make TV remotely bearable is to drink while watching it, only on weekends mind you but it's still no way to spend my life.

Decided to get out every weekend from here on, movie , I don't care, anything but not hang around the house, that's when the boredom sets in.

I'll still have the catch up every 2 weeks at the local with mates but that's it from now on............I hope.

Buy an exotic car,

then you can watch telly at the dealer while you wait for it to be fixed :tilt:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

join a forum of like-minded individuals...

:D
C'mon, do it!

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

As I............thought,went to the beach house at mt Martha,area full of crazy woman from FQ and there shell shocked BBQ set loser dads.
Not all bad local grog shop had Mumm on special for $44,chilled and drank it.
Took the "little-man " to the beach.
And drove home this morning.............thank Christ ,all the nutters are away...FQ is bliss with the 'em away.
I love my suburb....for now.