Offline M308

• Degranged

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

anyway, this thread ain't private... what Alice... wonderland????

there's nothing to see here... move along....

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
The road to Glen Helen.  (sorry about the 90's acid trance :doh: Image: Exotics in the Outback memorial thread

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKu8YoM6dww" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKu8YoM6dww</a>

Terrible road that one. To any newbies, be warned, you will lose your front end if you have a low car. An E55 taking part last time I did it had its entire underside hanging off. And then he coped a rock smashing his windscreen and then a cyclist ran in his front guard - poor guy  :doh:

Offline andecorp

yeah.. but "I'm" not going...........  :cool:

I know you got that huge project going, but you should try to make it. Otherwise, I'm sure the guys will give you updates, especially in the night - they'll be boozing, you'll be working - it'll only be fair ;)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Terrible road that one. To any newbies, be warned, you will lose your front end if you have a low car. An E55 taking part last time I did it had its entire underside hanging off. And then he coped a rock smashing his windscreen and then a cyclist ran in his front guard - poor guy  :doh:

Well, to be fair you gotta acquaint yourself with defensive driving against the road itself. 

That year I did the Glen Helen trip in the F430 with Scud's mate driving - who prior to this had never driven anything better than a Barina and had never driven out of the city. :eek:

I grew up country like y'all, so flash flood drains are nothing new to me and I know that if you encounter one suddenly to lose as much speed as possible as soon as you see it, then accelerate hard just as you enter it. But if you haven't done outback driving before, you could possibly wreck your car on those drains.

Offline andecorp

Well, to be fair you gotta acquaint yourself with defensive driving against the road itself. 

That year I did the Glen Helen trip in the F430 with Scud's mate driving - who prior to this had never driven anything better than a Barina and had never driven out of the city. :eek:

I grew up country like y'all, so flash flood drains are nothing new to me and I know that if you encounter one suddenly to lose as much speed as possible as soon as you see it, then accelerate hard just as you enter it. But if you haven't done outback driving before, you could possibly wreck your car on those drains.

I know, but if you misjudge one, like many would, it could be expensive, like Wayne found out. Just warning people :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I dunno what you girls are on about.  The GH road is a piece of cake.  The Gallardo didn't touch once - just a dab of brake just before the spoonies is all it takes.