Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Nope - not about the NT F40 Cannonball Memorial per se - just the idea and the events we had, seeing as it's basically an untenable option nowadays and never never likely to happen again.

It was a fantastic concept - high-end cars in low-end nature, seeing what is otherwise endless boring countryside is exciting when it's a blur.

It's just been there's been a few things mentioned about those trips lately so I've been spending time thinking about it and going over pics n vids, so I'll randomly post up stuff in this thread, I have so much material that never made the light of day - and a lot more that because of the age we live in - never will.

I know it's been re-hashed so many times for those who've seen it all before - but let's start with the photoshoot of the original event, covered by MOTOR Magazine, it's just so nostalgiac to me - yet it's only 4 years ago... I think internet years are like dog years.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MXIRa19ThI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MXIRa19ThI</a>

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Here's another of my first attempts at video editing - only this is a montage of pics.  Yeah yeah so long ago blah blah... :p

Fullscreen link.

<a href="http://aussieexotics.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf?s=ZT0xJmk9NTczNjMwOTc1Jms9OXU2RkwmYT00MDUzODY1X1hFWlBlJnU9YXVzc2llZXhvdGljcw==" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://aussieexotics.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf?s=ZT0xJmk9NTczNjMwOTc1Jms9OXU2RkwmYT00MDUzODY1X1hFWlBlJnU9YXVzc2llZXhvdGljcw==</a>

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Me and jim501 and Dingo I mean Jan I mean OzCarSightings etc are trying to be professional as setup a good photo - there always has to be someone with a big arse!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

mhh had a printed copy of this pic somewhere...

Image: Exotics in the Outback memorial thread

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

We may not have been the only guys to do this - a speed weekend in the NT - but we are the only ones with the event so well documented. 

History in the making and fame guaranteed by the introduction of the speed limit to stop anyone else stealing our thunder.  Something for the grandkids right here. :thumbsup:

(I still want to go back in July....)

Offline scud

• Rocket man

We may not have been the only guys to do this - a speed weekend in the NT - but we are the only ones with the event so well documented. 

History in the making and fame guaranteed by the introduction of the speed limit to stop anyone else stealing our thunder.  Something for the grandkids right here. :thumbsup:

(I still want to go back in July....)
i'd like to go back also this year, my only prob is my wife. it's pretty hard going away for racing every 6 weeks to slip a 4 day NT event as well.

Offline TTz

• Mr Blue

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Very good ash....

What abut the other trip ?

I've got loads more I'll be putting up - as I said "randomly" - so as I get the occasional idle time and I'm going over stuff I'll share it.

Online OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: Golf R32
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Good times!

Still remember rocking up at my hotel in Alice Springs on the first trip, walking outside and coincidentally seeing Mark's yellow Gallardo roar past.....quickly got on the phone to tell him to turn around and take me to where everyone else was.

Saw the truck being unloaded with all the QLD cars and instantly fell in love with the Challenge Stradale, what a car!

Image: Exotics in the Outback memorial thread

Online jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I remember getting to the hotel in Alice and calling Ash, and he said he was sending the Lambo to pick me up. What a moment, Mhh probably wonder what this grinning idiot was doing on the side of the road. Gives me the chills just thinking about it!