Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Fortis mentioned this upcoming event in Italy (May 2013) - I think it deserves its own thread. Please post any info or links here.

This is a bad time to be between Lambos. I've enquired about renting one for a couple of weeks and am waiting on some info. It'll probably be prohibitively expensive though. Putting the money question aside, wouldn't this be a great excuse to visit Italy? :)

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Thank you Mhh!
I hope you are able to come.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

From a US dealer website....

The factory just sent out a letter to let everyone know they are planning some
big celebrations for the 50th anniversary.

"To dedicate a memorable commemorative event to the brand of the Raging
 Bull, we are already planning initiatives and festivities that will be held
 throughout 2013 and involve thousands of Lamborghini fans all over the
 world. A big reunion with hundreds of Lamborghini customers coming from all
 over the world will be organised in May 2013." 

The plans are not yet finalized, but in the meantime I would like to anticipate  the dates of the 
big reunion so you can place them in your agenda: 
-The 50th  Anniversary Celebration will be held 7-12 May, 2013. 
-The event will originate as a “tour”, making several stops at some important  Italian cities as key 
points, starting on Tuesday, 7 May (the Anniversary of the founding of Automobili Lamborghini). 
-There will also be activities at the Factory 
-Further information will be forthcoming as the plans are finalized. We hope to manage to keep 5 
days tour.  Be aware that some details of the tour schedule might change in the next months. 
-A meeting of the Presidents of the Lamborghini Clubs Worldwide will be held later this year to 
discuss the strategy and plans for the event as soon as they will be finalized.

Offline TomE

Great timing for sale of the Twiggy Miura S later this year.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

More detail on the tour....

Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Grand Tour
The greatest Lamborghini reunion in history

Save the Date: 7th – 11th May 2013

From the 7th to 11 May, 2013, 1200 Km of Italian territory will be invaded by hundreds of Lamborghinis, both historic and current, which will arrive from every part of the globe and parade through the most beautiful cities in Italy.

On Tuesday May 7, Lamborghini vehicles will arrive in Milan, the capital of fine design and Italian fashion, and will leave on May 8 for Forte dei Marmi, one of the most exclusive locations on the Italian Tyrrhenian coast. On Thursday May 9, the tour will head for Rome and make a triumphant entrance into the old part of the city in the evening. On Friday the 10th, the cars will set off for Bologna, the capital of the Emilia-Romagna region, where they will arrive in the evening. Saturday May 11 will be the spectacular final day of the celebration, when the cars leave Bologna on parade and arrive at the historic headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese, where participants can visit the Lamborghini museum and factory, and experience the world of Lamborghini in a number of entertaining activities. All this will be followed by a gala, ultra-exclusive dinner inside the factory, an event that is sure to excite everyone from beginning to end.’

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've got a quote on renting a Lambo in Italy. It's too expensive for doing more than 100km per day. Back to the drawing board.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden

Offline dkabab

I've got a quote on renting a Lambo in Italy. It's too expensive for doing more than 100km per day. Back to the drawing board.

Buy one, keep it over there for a while, fly back and forth for a few holidays, then sell it

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Buy one, keep it over there for a while, fly back and forth for a few holidays, then sell it

I've thought about it.  I'd rather a Porsche than a Lambo though.