Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

No PP in the group shots?

PP was parked out of shot in the Port Melbourne pic and arrived late for the Mount Roland group shot.

We got better weather today - it was sunny up north. 2.5 degrees C at Cradle Mountain though. 

We had a great mix of cars, and some guys who were seeing Tassie roads for the first time, which is always fun. It was all good, but I'll never get sick of finishing a weekend's drive with Cethana, then the road through Wilmot and Forth to the ferry.  :drive:

The Turbo was a total blast but seeing the orange SL glowing in the mirrors did make me a teensy bit nostalgic for a Gallardo again - in orange.:o

The ferry is 2 hours out from Devonport and she's rolling like a pig. The captain came on a while back and basically said "Hold on tight"  :eek:

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Mark, you and John staying back in melb on Monday night?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Quote from: M308 link=topic=8927.msg130723#msg130723 :confused: :? :confused: :confused: date=1298203300
I think this trip may not of been incident free....  Nothing major though I don't think!

Will wait for MHH to confirm.

There's a bird that didn't see my Porsche coming, but I can't recall anything else.

Brett lost power near Derwent Bridge but the Commodore 64 ECU responded to a re-boot.  :scratchchin:

We saw some inconsiderate driving by some other tourists from time to time, but mostly the best place in Australia treated us well.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Mark, you and John staying back in melb on Monday night?

Aemel, I'm heading straight off. I don't know about John.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Brett lost power near Derwent Bridge but the Commodore 64 ECU responded to a re-boot.  :scratchchin:

Ha! If only it had half that brain!

Still no idea what happened to it, but it's been fine the whole time since.

I think he made it all up, and stopped 'cos he saw a sheep looking all lonely and alluring, cold, and maybe needing a cuddle.........

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I think he made it all up, and stopped 'cos he
saw a sheep looking all lonely
and alluring,
cold,
and maybe needing a cuddle.........

Yep, yep, yep and yep.  :thumbsup:

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Ditto! We should form some kind of support group here to share our feelings. 993TiTS will bring along brownies in his handbag  :)

Yes! Indeedy-do, I will.
Always Gunna

Offline James42

very jealous lads! great selection of cars... not envious of the ferry ride though

Offline Iggy_Type_R

very jealous lads! great selection of cars... not envious of the ferry ride though

I was right at the front of the boat (6th cabin from front)... I was weightless every few seconds ... boat goes up, slams down... I followed shortly after... :) still didn't stop me from being fast asleep tho!!! :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I just took the car to Splash for a clean.  Tim even managed to polish the bird scuff out of the bra.  The car looks brand new.  Highly recommend these guys.  :thumbsup: