Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
. How good is the run down to and the views from Strathgordon?! Awesome

The road was pretty pot holed and rough for a lot of the way. Not that great in an exotic with limited suspension travel; but the views at the end were worth the pain and trouble. I have spent a lot of time in Tasmania and I had never been down there, so it was a bonus for me.

There are so many spectacular driving roads down there it's hard to single one out; but the road in and out of Bothwell (a Targa stage road) was just awesome. It was billiard table smooth, with fast and flowing corners. Pefect for the choice of weapons we had at our disposal  :thumbsup:
It's obviously a favourite with the bikers as well as there were dozens of them doing the same roads.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

It's obviously a favourite with the bikers as well as there were dozens of them doing the same roads.

I bet they were loving the cars as well. You probably doubled the number of exotics on the road in Tasmania in one weekend.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
You would have had a ton of fun chasing Ash in his Lotus. I was surprised at a) How quick it was and B) How bloody loud it was with the stage 2 exhaust.

No idea what manner of sorcery the Lotus boys did to make a little Toyota 4-banger sound like that, but I do love it. It lacks the boomy throaty howl of the V8/V10s throughout the rev range, but it makes up for it with it's banshee scream on the power cam - which you have to use almost constantly to maintain forward motion. :p

Edit: here's a dyno of it (not mine) to give an idea why it screams... :o

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Superb weekend of driving. We took a run out to Strathgordon this morning - the views were amazing. That's 360C and me on the dam wall.  :o

Such an odd structure/perspective, many of us got a little queasy just looking at it, as I mentioned at the time it was like looking at something MC Escher hatched.

While you ladies were running out of breath on the return trip, I found this carved into the window of the old info tower... :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I bet they were loving the cars as well. You probably doubled the number of exotics on the road in Tasmania in one weekend.

I had at least half a dozen locals come up and tell me that they had never seen cars like this on Tassie roads. A bit weird as they see Targa every year and have done for the last 20 years  :scratchchin:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

No idea what manner of sorcery the Lotus boys did to make a little Toyota 4-banger sound like that, but I do love it. It lacks the boomy throaty howl of the V8/V10s throughout the rev range, but it makes up for it with it's banshee scream on the power cam - which you have to use almost constantly to maintain forward motion. :p

Edit: here's a dyno of it (not mine) to give an idea why it screams... :o

Thats a huge step up in a couple of thousand revs. I was really surprised how fast it was in a straight line, you even had time to stop and take pictures  :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Such an odd structure/perspective, many of us got a little queasy just looking at it, as I mentioned at the time it was like looking at something MC Escher hatched.

While you ladies were running out of breath on the return trip, I found this carved into the window of the old info tower... :p

That was quite an experience standing on top of that wall and looking down into the gorge waaaaaaaaaaay down below.
Worth the 2.6 million stairs we had to climb on the way back up.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Tarraleah Lodge was a great find.  Luxurious rooms and a huge living room with a self-serve bar using an honour system. 

I'd definitely stay there again.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Thats a huge step up in a couple of thousand revs. I was really surprised how fast it was in a straight line, you even had time to stop and take pictures  :p

Yeah obviously I can't fully tell when someone else was WOT or just cruising through the gears, but at the places where I'm pretty sure we were all nailing it the straight-line deficit seemed insignificant (at "reasonable" speeds).

Either way - a lot of car for the money - or should I say almost every hindrance to performance has been deleted, so it's actually very little car for the money, so yeah in this case - less is more.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Tarraleah Lodge was a great find.  Luxurious rooms and a huge living room with a self-serve bar using an honour system. 

I'd definitely stay there again.

Me too. Sadly I only remembered that they had a scotch collection when it was too late to try some  :doh: