Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I'm not sure how well you know Tassie, but where we were driving, the tight roads keep the speeds down. We didn't drive on any freeways for example.

Very true. I was asked over and over what was the most I had had it up to. I always answered that I had no idea; but top speeds are not where the fun is at, it's at slower speeds when the road gets twisty  :thumbsup:

We can't even do that in Vic any more. You used to be able to head to the black and Reefton spurs where the roads are twisty up and down a mountain range with 80kmh limits which were more than enough. So they dropped the limits and put cameras and cops in the bushes  :gnasher:

There really is no option left for us in Vic these days.

Online shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Very true. I was asked over and over what was the most I had had it up to. I always answered that I had no idea; but top speeds are not where the fun is at, it's at slower speeds when the road gets twisty  :thumbsup:

We can't even do that in Vic any more. You used to be able to head to the black and Reefton spurs where the roads are twisty up and down a mountain range with 80kmh limits which were more than enough. So they dropped the limits and put cameras and cops in the bushes  :gnasher:

There really is no option left for us in Vic these days.

Pointless taking your car out in VIC. It's the ultimate Nanny State with government breathing down your neck and intruding in all aspects of your life. If there is a BS law and a fine to be imposed trust VIC to do it first.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Pointless taking your car out in VIC. It's the ultimate Nanny State with government breathing down your neck and intruding in all aspects of your life. If there is a BS law and a fine to be imposed trust VIC to do it first.

Too true, if you get caught in Vic at any speed that might even approach interesting you're likely to get your car impounded, forget the fines.

Victoria Police is authorised to impound or immobilise a vehicle for 30 days immediately at the roadside when an individual commits a high risk, or dangerous driving or a hoon offence, such as:

1/ speeding where a vehicle is driven at 45 kilometres per hour or more over the applicable speed limit (or 145 kilometres per hour or more if the speed limit is 110 kilometres per hour) 
2/ loss of traction
and other stuff

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Good times don't last forever.

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/11/26/366845_tasmania-news.html

The skidmarks spearing off of each hairpin turn have nothing to do with speed limits, you could drop it to 50kph across the island and people will still misjudge those corners. :doh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

...Mine (1.8l S with 134bhp)...

Man, you gotta try a 111R (190hp), that power cam is addictive! I don't even miss having torque any more, dunno if I could ever go back to driving "normal" cars. :hyper: :p

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Man, you gotta try a 111R (190hp), that power cam is addictive! I don't even miss having torque any more, dunno if I could ever go back to driving "normal" cars. :hyper: :p

I wanted to buy a new Elise because for me it's a keeper. Back then, an S (my model) was $69k drive away and a new R (your model) was $94k. For my driving style on the road, I prefer having more low down torque, so the S better suits my driving style (S and R have similar torque levels, but S produces its torque much lower in the rev range).   

My plan was to supercharge any car I bought, so I thought I'd rather spend $69k and use the difference ($25k) on modding for hp. As it stands now, SSC in Sydney are working on a SC kit for the S which will bring the hp from 134bhp up to ~ 220bhp and with a flat torque curve. With a few internal mods, apparently there's even more power still to be gained and I'll still be $10k ahead than if I had bought a standard R.

People are often very surprised how quick my car is in a straight line, given the lack of horsepower. Adding lightness will do that. :p

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Yes, I imagine the 111R suits you perfectly! Secondhand buying they are EPIC cars, and if I was open to secondhand, I probably would have bought an R.  And you can always SC your car... spend $25k and you'll have a car with over 300bhp and 0-100km/h in 3.8s (see Motor Mag Tuner article on SSC Elise 111R). :)