Just letting you know that John Bowe Driving (http://www.johnbowedriving.com.au
) is offering two High Performance Driving Courses at Mallala on November 22 (Monday) and November 24 (Wednesday).
If you have been out at Mallala and want to improve your driving technique with a professional instructor, then you might like to do this type of driving course. If you haven't been out on the track before and aren't keen to jump in the deep end at an open trackday, then this circuit course is perfect for you.
This is the best environment to explore the capabilities of your exotic car. Why put up with meandering weekend tourists in the Hills when you can open up the throttle on the track? And unlike the Hills, at least everyone will be going in the same direction on this track (no, drifting sideways is not goal of this course
It is a closed session trackday not open to the general public or spectators. As it is an educational driving course, there is a team of instructors on hand throughout the day.
Regular public pricing for each trackday is $465. Cost for AussieExotics forum members is $425 per driver, $385 if you refer an additional person (see enrolment form). Monday and Wednesday are identical courses - you're welcome to do both days if you have the time.
Places are limited and are filling up fast. The lists for both days are half full already. Please register your interest here or PM me for more info. These trackdays are a only month away so you'd better get on to it now. November 24 has not been advertised to the general public so is likely to have more places available.
Tom (red F430) had a blast last year and thoroughly enjoyed it (see photos). Some of you have done this course before and are welcome to participate again - practice makes perfect!
* 24 places available
* cost = $425 for whole day (0830-1630) of instructor led training
* theory session, track walk through, practice laps, then training
* includes morning tea + catered lunch
* bottled water + soft drinks to rehydrate also provided throughout day
* instructor led (ratio 1:4 instructor:drivers)
* relatively safe unless you're really stupid
* but no insurance cover for damaging your car (you participate at your own risk)
* there will be an ambulance crew there and a doctor nearby (just in case)
* you will need to bring your own helmet (AS/ADR approved)
* metal valve caps for tire valves are required
* fire extinguisher fitment is optional
* no drifting
* no spectators
* no passengers other than the instructors
* it is not a supersprint session, nor is it a drift day.
* this is a supervised training circuit day with strict and specific rules.
* overtaking on corners or under brakes is not allowed.
* definitely no contact with another car's bodywork!
* everyone has the opportunity to go at their own pace
* a CAMS licence is NOT required.
Please note that John Bowe Driving offer this course and others at most of the race tracks around Australia - PM me for more info. http://www.johnbowedriving.com.au/pages/hp/hp.aspx