Offline tdc911

Apparently, Motorclassica has just set the record for the largest gathering of Lamborghinis in Australia. Haven't seen Andrei's though:(

Offline cel

Valentino kindly signing his namesake for me at last nights dinner.

I could not imagine a more gracious bloke - genuinely passionate about the brand, patient to a tee and a really nice guy.  Kicker for me was when he asked my wife to repeat the same photo on his own personal phone so he'd have a copy for himself.

Nice, that is really cool!  :thumbsup:

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Just came back from the show/breakfast. Mr. Balboni is such a down to earth gentleman!!! He was happy to sign my SV there...

Offline cel

Are there ever any large Lamborghini gatherings in Sydney?

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
Just came back from the show/breakfast. Mr. Balboni is such a down to earth gentleman!!! He was happy to sign my SV there...
Met him yesterday, such a gentle and kind man.
That must make your car very special!
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Met him yesterday, such a gentle and kind man.
That must make your car very special!

Every lamborghini has to have his signature on them there, it is something that most lambo enthusiasts would want to have. Does it make the car special? Only the owners know :)

I cannot believe that some people brought a bag full of things and ask him to autograph all of them, a couple of things is fine, but not a whole heap of goods IMO...

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Can someone tell me what are they like to drive?

Wonderful. Shit. Sensational. Disastrous. Amazing. Ridiculous.

For most people, they're disappointing. The comfort and ergonomics are the worst feature. Although often it can be improved considerably for relatively little effort.

On that red one pictured, I've... Reprofiled the seat construction, re positioned the pedals, adjusted the throttle leverage and operation, tweaked the steering angle and tended to several other cabin items that make just using the car more satisfying.

I've also changed the spring rates to ones of my own preference, and re conditioned and then adjusted the shocks to a slightly different setting to improve ride and handling.

Then the car needs to be on the right tyre too. There is only Michelin XWX or Pirelli Cinturato. Any other tyre will make the car feel worse than it should to drive.

But actually driving a sorted out one is one of the best things in the world..... The noises, the low driving position, the spread legs, the dashboard, the noises, the responses from chassis, engine, gearbox and onlookers are all absolutely sublime.

If you can afford one, and "get" cars of the 70s, just get one.

Be prepared to face a few tribulations... They take a bit of fettling and sorting.

The green one pictured for example, you can't open the front bonnet while the doors are open, or they'll hit and damage.... But the red one is fine.... All kinds of silly things like that put most people off, but for the most part, mostly most of their faults can be fixed :)

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
Every lamborghini has to have his signature on them there, it is something that most lambo enthusiasts would want to have. Does it make the car special? Only the owners know :)

I cannot believe that some people brought a bag full of things and ask him to autograph all of them, a couple of things is fine, but not a whole heap of goods IMO...
I know! I felt privelaged and very lucky to have met him for 5 minutes before everyone else did and I felt sorry for him having to sign all the stuff people bought along.
I guess it just shows the sort of man he is...
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Apparently, Motorclassica has just set the record for the largest gathering of Lamborghinis in Australia. Haven't seen Andrei's though:(
I am away until tuesday.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Wonderful. Shit. Sensational. Disastrous. Amazing. Ridiculous.

For most people, they're disappointing. The comfort and ergonomics are the worst feature. Although often it can be improved considerably for relatively little effort.

On that red one pictured, I've... Reprofiled the seat construction, re positioned the pedals, adjusted the throttle leverage and operation, tweaked the steering angle and tended to several other cabin items that make just using the car more satisfying.

I've also changed the spring rates to ones of my own preference, and re conditioned and then adjusted the shocks to a slightly different setting to improve ride and handling.

Then the car needs to be on the right tyre too. There is only Michelin XWX or Pirelli Cinturato. Any other tyre will make the car feel worse than it should to drive.

But actually driving a sorted out one is one of the best things in the world..... The noises, the low driving position, the spread legs, the dashboard, the noises, the responses from chassis, engine, gearbox and onlookers are all absolutely sublime.

If you can afford one, and "get" cars of the 70s, just get one.

Be prepared to face a few tribulations... They take a bit of fettling and sorting.

The green one pictured for example, you can't open the front bonnet while the doors are open, or they'll hit and damage.... But the red one is fine.... All kinds of silly things like that put most people off, but for the most part, mostly most of their faults can be fixed :)

Wow
I love my car. Buy your own