Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

I'm keen, though I don't know if I'll be around to do it  :thumbsup:

Im keen to take Steves car!

Otherwise id be keen to call shotgun with someone if they'll let me... Ill bring the camera gear!
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

This is looking good.  It really doesn't matter what you bring - the distance to get there will sort everyone out anyway.  Only the truly committed will make it.

I'm thinking we stick to what we know works - a Friday arvo run to Glen Helen, a Friday night BBQ at Nev's place with lots of vids of our previous runs, Saturday we visit the Cannonball Memorial on the way to an overnight stop in Kings Canyon and on Sunday we head to the Rock for sunset and stay the night at Sails in the Desert.  Monday we climb or at least visit the Rock before heading back to Alice or home.

It's about as good as it gets.  :drive:

Offline fivesix

Now I'm retired,might come along in my S600. :thumbsup:

ewww tiki...

looks like you guys shall have great numbers this year!  :thumbsup:

Offline bok

Would love to do it again. Plus i need to go back and find my wheel cap,I think it came off somewhere between Coober Pedy and the Rock :D

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

This is looking good.  It really doesn't matter what you bring - the distance to get there will sort everyone out anyway.  Only the truly committed will make it.

I'm thinking we stick to what we know works - a Friday arvo run to Glen Helen, a Friday night BBQ at Nev's place with lots of vids of our previous runs, Saturday we visit the Cannonball Memorial on the way to an overnight stop in Kings Canyon and on Sunday we head to the Rock for sunset and stay the night at Sails in the Desert.  Monday we climb or at least visit the Rock before heading back to Alice or home.

It's about as good as it gets.  :drive:
mark, we have to drive the stuart highway nth ex alice. the road is flat, straight and smooth for miles and miles and miles, way better than anything else the NT has to offer.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Im keen to take Steves car!

Otherwise id be keen to call shotgun with someone if they'll let me... Ill bring the camera gear!

:D

As I indicated earlier, I'm keen... being a definite depends on a few things, namely being in the country! September works best.

I'll drive from Adelaide.  :thumbsup:

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Sounds like a great run and would like to some for the drive too.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

mark, we have to drive the stuart highway nth ex alice. the road is flat, straight and smooth for miles and miles and miles, way better than anything else the NT has to offer.

Ash, Steve and I did a bit of the northern road in 06 in my M5 while we waited for you guys to arrive.  We passed the 997 Turbo in the hands of the local Ford dealer out for a spin at a closing speed of around 400km/h.  That was something to remember.

Maybe we do a Falconio run to Barrow Creek and back on the Friday.  Or do you want to keep heading north?  The Rock will have a big draw for the first-timers.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Definetely trucking. You'd be mad to drive an exotic up there.

Oh, I was thinking of driving it.......

May have to rethink that.    :scratchchin:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Oh, I was thinking of driving it.......

May have to rethink that.    :scratchchin:

Leburpor, bok and I drove to the Rock and back from Adelaide and it was fine.  You just need to allow a bit of time to get there and back.  Make a week of it rather than just a long weekend.