Offline cazna52

• Drives: Lotus Esprit Turbo
  • Name: Justin

A few of the guys at TheLotusForums have been trying to organize regular Sunday morning drives around Sydney. It has been proposed that we make it the first Sunday of every month weather permitting.

We usually get between 2-4 cars. We meet quite early, usually about 7:30 am, the meeting place varies but is often Mt Colah McDonalds or the Road Warrior Cafe at Mount White. We are open to suggestions for any other location. Everyone decides where to drive to, sometimes the Hunter Valley or Wisemans Ferry or anywhere that would make for a nice drive.

The drives are spirited but not overly so. We don't want anyone writing off their car or losing their license. Plenty of fun can be had at around the speed limit on a nice winding road.

It would be great if we could get a few extra exotics along from here. Let me know if any of you are interested in coming along and I will repost information from TheLotusForums to here and vice versa.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Ahh a few of us rolled up at a lotus run through the royal national park. Only prob is 3 of us turned up and none of us were the lotus guys.

I'm keen but from first hand experience, how do you get a gallardo on those ferries?

Ever done the river road at cliftonville at night in the rain with a zillion frogs jumping across the road. Then when the lightning flashes you notice there is no guard rail stopping you from plunging in the hawksbury? The you notice why the road is named what it is?

That is all the adrenaline you"ll ever need for a lifetime
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Staz88

• Drives: Lotus Exige
  • Name: Mark
I have a lotus i can bring to the lotus drive. :)

Where is this LotusForums you speak of? Or post the details here please.

Offline cazna52

You are right about the ferry. Last time we drove around that area but didn't actually go to the ferry itself. Too steep for an Esprit as well I think.

The River Road looks like a pretty nice drive, but preferably in slightly better conditions than you experienced :p

Our guys generally won't go for a drive at all unless the weather is reasonably good. I am not sure if it is more about the risk of losing traction or about the poor visibility or perhaps just that they don't want their cars to get wet.

Before I got into exotics I was into drift so I actually don't mind a bit of rain every now and again. :)

Offline cazna52

Hey Staz88, sorry I was writing my post when your post went up. The Lotus Forums are at http://www.thelotusforums.com. They are a world wide forum but we have a fair few members from Australia.

The next drive is planned for the 6th of March but we haven't decided on where we are going yet.

Offline Staz88

• Drives: Lotus Exige
  • Name: Mark
Hey Staz88, sorry I was writing my post when your post went up. The Lotus Forums are at http://www.thelotusforums.com. They are a world wide forum but we have a fair few members from Australia.

The next drive is planned for the 6th of March but we haven't decided on where we are going yet.

Thanks Cazna. That site is blocked at work... gotta love IT. I'll check it when I get home.

I can't make the 6th. I'll try to make the next one.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Yep, time for another run soon.
C'mon, do it!

Offline TTz

• Mr White

It's time...........

Lets do it... This week end..?
[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-

Offline cazna52

Sounds good. We have two definites and one maybe from the Lotus forums.

We haven't decided on a meeting place or a destination yet though.

Offline TTz

• Mr White

Well I think include
Neon -
and a mate of mine Chris - 997 C4S
[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-