Offline TomE

If you have any competitors interested in participating in the Night Stage only, please contact Abbie Taylor from the Sporting Car Club; sccsaevents@internode.on.net as these are separate entries.

Sporting Car Club Sprint Event

The Supaloc Targa Adelaide is an exciting and international event featuring the best touring and classic cars in the world. This year the event kicks off with Targa Night Stage at Wayville Showgrounds.  With a two week TV Campaign Backing up promotion, Spectator numbers are expected to be near the 23,000 people that attended the event last year.

Although Targa Rally has traditionally been difficult to spectate, due to the nature of its long stage (course design,) the Targa Night Stage provides a stadium type atmosphere, much the same as a traditional motorsport event, such as the Clipsal 500, but on a smaller scale.

The Sporting Car Club has the opportunity to have 75 vehicles enter in the Targa Night Stage Sprint Event on Wednesday August 21st

This Sprint see’s competition cars tackle 2 laps   :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: of a 1.5km bitumen track built within the Adelaide Showgrounds. Various elevated vantage points deliver flame throwing, tyre shredding action just metres from spectators.

As vehicles complete the circuit, they re-enter Jubilee Pavilion for an up close and personal Car show. Here Spectators get to speak to drivers while the cars are literally still cooling down.

A huge range of vehicles are eligible for this event, from road going cars to historic racing cars. Entry fee is $195 per vehicle and includes Driver and Navigator. Participants will require a CAMS licence Level 2 Speed as a minimum and to be member of the Sporting Car Club.

If you would like to participate please contact Abbie on 8271 5689 or email specevents@internode.on.net for further details.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline TomE

From Octagon today to club email address :
Dear Car Clubs,

As Targa Adelaide is fast approaching (21-25th August!) we are again offering the Shannon’s Tour, similar to last year. To enter, each Car Club will need to come up with a group of 10 entries, where we then offer the Tour Leader vehicle- a FREE entry! The cost is $450, which includes laps around the Night Stage, Saturday tour as well as event stickers.

I have attached the registration form, which includes all relevant information. If you could please issue this out to interested competitors, that would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any competitors interested in participating in the Night Stage only, please contact Abbie Taylor from the Sporting Car Club; sccsaevents@internode.on.net as these are separate entries.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to seeing you all at Targa Adelaide in August!

Kind Regards,

Hi Alvin, Is the BMW club entering a group?

If so, can you please PM me the contact details. Cheers.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline TomE

Some good changes to the way cars enter the track. More spectator areas as well.

Wonder if they will level off that drain.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Much better layout for getting to the stage start than last year.

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Yes, larger spectator area but I think they'll need more.

Offline t01-100

• Drives: Japanese and German
  • Name: SB
This Sprint see’s competition cars tackle 2 laps   :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: of a 1.5km bitumen track built within the Adelaide Showgrounds.

That isn't entirely correct for the Sprint. It's actually two and a half laps, twice - one run towards the start of the evening and another run as the evening's grand finale. It'll be interesting to see the second session once everyone has their eye-in!
When I last spoke to Abbie she said there was 64 cars entered, and some quick ones amongst them.

In response to last year's overwhelming popularity this years spectator viewing area has been doubled in size, so it's going to be a great night.

Offline TomE

That isn't entirely correct for the Sprint. It's actually two and a half laps, twice - one run towards the start of the evening and another run as the evening's grand finale. It'll be interesting to see the second session once everyone has their eye-in!
When I last spoke to Abbie she said there was 64 cars entered, and some quick ones amongst them.

In response to last year's overwhelming popularity this years spectator viewing area has been doubled in size, so it's going to be a great night.

Two Runs :thumbsup:

Extra Spectator Areas  :thumbsup:

Track Entry and Exist route  :thumbsup: (Who the hell came up with last years ANZAC highway route???)

Sounds better on all counts. Really looking forward to it.

Offline t01-100

• Drives: Japanese and German
  • Name: SB
Last year was a truly of a toe in the water effort, that it was never expected to be so big!... That said, Adelaide spoke and hopefully people can see we've listened!

I for one am really looking forward to it :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've suddenly got a slight urge. What's the best category for a non-competitive outing?

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Regularity if u want to do all 4 days and night stage or alternatively join us in the club drive day - u get Wed night stage and all day Saturday.
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!