Offline Mattt1

Most of the car events/meets I've seen advertised on forums since being in Australia seem to revolve around 'scenes'.

I don't do scenes, I do cars, I do food, I do drink.

Are there any car meets for normal people in Sydney? Thinking along the lines of Cars & Coffee in the US or Pistonheads Sunday Service in the UK - just turn up, have a bacon sandwich & coffee and a wander around the car park, with a bit of chat.

Offline a.taylor

I'm more about the driving myself, meeting others for a 'cruise' or to see a car park full of machinery doesn't hold much appeal.

Offline Mattt1

Well yes, the drive bit is generally beforehand to get there :)

Offline cel

I don't think there's too much happening in Sydney exotic wise. I like what the Adelaide guys do with early morning runs in the weekend and then brekky.

No exotics here but I'm always happy to provide the pics :)

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Adelaide really seems to have the best group of people for this.
I am convinced our proximity to great roads helps.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Adelaide really seems to have the best group of people for this.
I am convinced our proximity to great people helps.

Fixed

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It takes all types to make a world but I couldn't delete the email fast enough when I got an invitation yesterday from the Ferrari Club of SA to attend a dinner and movie night. A fortnight earlier an urgent message was sent to members suggesting they might want to bring 'the other car' to the planned Sunday run if they were worried about the rain.

The Coffee & Cars scene seems to flourish in cities where it's just too much trouble to get to decent driving roads. It's better than nothing and I'd go if there were interesting cars there. Here in Adders it happens once a year at the Climb to the Eagle - except it's on a Friday. :)

Offline 355Aussie

I do drive days with a bunch of friends in exotics. We drive to a destination and have a nice breakfast then keep driving all day. We do not do City driving or the 'parade' lap driving. We do country driving and we love it!!

Really fun days and great bunch of guys. A lot of bantering between the Lambo and Ferrari guys but good fun!

I definately don't advertise on the forums at all as I have built the firendships up with this group over the last 6 years but I might organise one at Auburn for 'Wattens' to come along.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
^^^^ now we are talking  :thumbsup:
Enjoying Life!!!!