Offline TomE

Can we get a a group of 10 AE cars together for the tour? We could then nominate to be the first group though avoiding the MG Club issues that happen last year.

Alvin, about time you pulled out one of the old girls!

I've heard rumours that Wayville Night stage to will be relocated to Port Adelaide.

(As always, it's closed roads so normal insurance will not cover you)
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
damn! depends which day the "club" drive is on, I'm tentatively a no as taking the kids to Disneyworld leaving on Sun 21!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

damn! depends which day the "club" drive is on, I'm tentatively a no as taking the kids to Disneyworld leaving on Sun 21!
I better start packing.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
what does it cost to enter?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline TomE

what does it cost to enter?

Last couple years it has been around 500 to enter under the shannons club tour.no timing or competition. Covers the night stage and the Saturday special stages. I assume they will run the same again this year. Pace is set by the tour leader.

First year was great. I hear last year started badly with the MG Club holding everyone up.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Thanks Tom.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Well, that's the end of that.

Dear Mark

We have been working hard to secure a viable and workable future for Targa Adelaide in operating the event mostly within the Adelaide Hills Council under their new Events Policy but we have decided today that running an event under this policy will be very difficult for any promoter of an event requiring road closures, which means that I can now confirm that Targa Adelaide will be postponed for this year to give us a suitable amount of time to discuss our options with a highly supportive Events South Australia. We are hopeful that we can re-invigorate the event for 2015 as without the roads in the Adelaide Hills, there are simply not enough roads of suitable length and challenge outside of this region to run an event worthy of the Targa name.

We haven''t taken this decision lightly but combined with consistently very low entry numbers as competitors continue to choose other Targa events, the following requirements in the councils Events Policy has made the event unviable at this point in time;

A minimum six months approval process that includes two months of direct consultation with affected residents

A minimum of 80% resident approval on closed road sections. 100% approval preferred

Approval will only be given to each piece of road once in a 15 month period- therefore every two years in our case

I hope you can see that these onerous requirements mean that an annual event in Adelaide cannot be delivered effectively and bouncing from one year to the next hoping you have an event is not the best way forward for anyone in the Targa family when we could be spending our time making our other Targa events bigger and better, all with long term contracts and approvals already in place.

Point three means that signature stages will be lost every second year and there is simply not enough suitable road to run two completely different courses. Not even Tasmania can provide two distinct and different courses; just imagine if you could only run Cethana and Mt. Arrowsmith etc. every second year.

On a brighter note and as announced at the Targa Tasmania Presentation Dinner, in recognition of this year''s 5th Anniversary running of Targa High Country, we will be adding five brand new stages to this year''s event. To be run as stages two to six on the Friday to make it a 21 stage event with over 270 competitive kilometres without adding any time to your event schedule. Documentation and Scrutineering will again happen on Thursday with the Drivers Briefing and Welcome Party held Thursday night. The extra stages will give you a full Friday of competition before the annual running of the Mansfield Street Stage as in previous years. In all, it promises to be the biggest and most competitive Targa High Country ever and a fitting way to celebrate our 5th Anniversary.

Entries open today and an Early Bird discount will be in place until June 30 with only the normal $500 deposit required to secure this discount.

Recce Notes and Supplementary Regulations will be available on or before June 25. I can also happily confirm that whilst technical regulations are currently being reviewed that any changes to these regulations will now not come into effect until Targa Tasmania 2015 meaning that this year''s Targa High Country will be run under the current regulations, which I''m sure many of you are happy to hear.

More good news to close off with in relation to deposits and entry fees. We will be re-introducing the transfer system as used by Octagon until recent years from Targa High Country. What this will mean to you is that deposits will be transferable instead of non-refundable and unlike the previous requirement that said you could only transfer within the same event, you will now be allowed to transfer your current payment balance to any Targa event within 12 months of the event you have entered without any financial penalty giving you back the peace of mind that in entering one of our events that you will not be financially penalised if you cannot compete in the original event entered for whatever reason that may be.

Yes, the good old days are back at Targa along with plenty of future excitement in store for you all.

As always, feel free to contact me directly on any of the above with your thoughts and questions.

Chat soon

Cheers

Mark Perry
Event Director
mark@targa.com.au
Targa Australia Pty Ltd

Endorsed by CAMS

All Rights Reserved - The Australian Targa Championship (ATC) 2012

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Well, that's the end of that.

that is disappointing

they should have named it the adelaide hills footy targa
would have got it approved without a problem

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
bugger! Was looking forward to it too! Bloody Adelaide Hills Council! Another event lost to SA!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!