Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Only a matter of time before the  Sydney Motor Show gets axed.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline Joel

that sucks!!
It's a shame as it is where I went as a little kid and it got me into the whole car scene.

Offline SM1000

Pretty sure that if Melbourne is dead, then Sydney will be axed as well, as they are one in the same event, alternating each year

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
How is this current news?

It died years ago...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I don't get how the motor show can be axed, is everybody just interested in Japanese transport these days ??? .............errr sorry just looked in the garage :doh:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I'm a huge car fanatic but I have NEVER bothered going to a car show in Australia. They just don't have anything you can't find in 1 minute on google. That and I don't want to humor the notion of the generic falcadore being updated every 10 minutes.

Sorry I'm gen Y lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Joel

Is it related to money. Are the organizers charging ridiculous amounts for stands and the higher end brands are declining going cause they don't generate enough to justify the entry fee?

I loved going every year as a kid cause I never saw Ferrari or lamborghinis where I grew up.
I know they are a lot more common to see these days but I just think that my kids are going to miss something great because a shit government has driven up the prices on everything and they have to be passed down to people like the organizers and car companies.

Offline j15

Is it related to money. Are the organizers charging ridiculous amounts for stands and the higher end brands are declining going cause they don't generate enough to justify the entry fee?

1. Once you shell out on showrooms, social media, and traditional tv stuff there can't be that much left to drop huge coin to have a stand at the motor show;

2. Combine that with the fact that the big brands like Ferrari that draw punters in don't really bother any more (and why would you when the manufacturer obliges you to plough truckloads of cash into showroom fitouts) and the end result is less people through the door; and

3. Finally if I wanted to buy a car, why would I go to the motorshow to do that? I can't test drive a car there, I can do my research and comparisons on line, so I'd much rather go down to the dealership instead of having to battle it out with the riff raff at the convention centre.