Linked Events

• Mar 3-6 - QLD - Top Gear Live - Prototype Tour: Thu, 03 Mar, 2011 - Sun, 06 Mar, 2011
  • Mar 11-14 - VIC - Top Gear Live - Prototype Tour: Fri, 11 Mar, 2011 - Mon, 14 Mar, 2011
  • Dec 8-10 - WA - Top Gear Live - Prototype Tour: Thu, 08 Dec, 2011 - Sat, 10 Dec, 2011

Offline Top Gear Live

Hi guys

Only a few weeks until the Top Gear PROTOTYPE Live shows hit Melbourne and Brisbane! The show in Brisbane is exciting enough with Clarkson, May and Shane Jacobson hosting the most complex Top Gear event yet - but the Top Gear Festival in Melbourne is another thing all together...

For four days, the Melbourne Showgrounds will be completely transformed, with the festival set to feature everything from exotic and expensive supercars to customs and classics, plus a whole host of the weird and wonderful on wheels in true Top Gear style. At the heart of the Festival will be a 1.52km, purpose-built track which will weave through the streets and buildings of the showground precinct.

The Top Gear Live track, the first ever to be constructed in Australia, will play host to over 120 of the country’s best drivers as they take part in a spirited competition to set the fastest Top Gear Live lap. With over 20 corners, ranging from the tight and technical ‘Woodchop’ and ‘Town Square’, to the fast and furious ‘Power Arena’, spectators will have unprecedented access plus the opportunity to get up close with drivers and cars, as well as checking out all the action.

The lineup of cars is quickly growing, and will feature the likes of V8 Supercars, multiple Bathurst’s 12hr class winners, prototype race cars, historic and modern tarmac rally cars, V8 muscle cars and historic open wheel racing cars. Festival visitors will also have the chance to check out the newest motoring gadgets and accessories as well as visit paddocks packed full of the
latest and greatest cars.

The festival will run throughout the PROTOTYPE tour’s residency and entry is included or all theatre show ticketholders on the day of their selected performance.

Tickets to the Top Gear Live PROTOTYPE Tour are on sale now from only $69 including all day festival access, and promises to keep the entire family entertained with a full day of motoring entertainment.

The popular Paddock Pass option has been selling fast, and we have released a limited number of extra tickets to showgoers, giving them the ultimate backstage tour of the theatre show.

Tickets are available via Ticketek – phone 132 849 or visit ticketek.com.au.
For more information visit www.topgearlive.com.au

Remember too that the best way across town is by train (just ask the Stig) so if you are attending, public transport is your best bet. There are special train services from Flinders St and Southern Cross to the showgrounds.

If you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers
TGL

Offline Top Gear Live

Hi all

Just a quick update to let you know there are now more Paddock Passes available for the Brisbane show. These allow you to see all the cars that feature in the performance after the show – so is a real must for fans and at only $20 on top of your ticket price, a bit of a bargain!

For the Melbourne show, details are coming out about cars featuring in the ‘Hall Of Fame’ – in particular the BAR Formula One "Zipper" car as driven by Jacques Villeneuve in the 1999 Formula One championship as well as a stunning Mad Max Interceptor replica – built as it would have looked the day it rolled out on patrol the first time!

Also, group bookings are available through Ticketek, which means that you are guaranteed to sit next to your mates or fellow club/forum members (if you want to that is!).

Now the interesting bit…

We are calling for volunteers to help out at The Top Gear Live event and festival in Melbourne. Click http://www.topgearlive.com.au/melbourne/images/stories/tgl melbourne volunteer briefing notes.pdf to view details and briefing notes, and click http://www.topgearlive.com.au/melbourne/images/stories/tgl 2011 vol staff app form - melbourne.pdf  to download the application form.

I may see some of you there!

TGL

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
Hi all
Pardon the delay in posts - the Brisbane show is on in a little over a week, with the Melbourne festival just a week later… things are pretty hectic getting the final details sorted out!

Some quick festival points for you:
* 1.52km special stage track – 120 drivers, cars ranging from classic racers to modern supercars
* Drifting demos, stunt bikes, supercar hall of fame (Zonda, Koenigsegg – even a Delorean!)
* The Shell V-Power simulator gives you a chance to meet a Ferrari F1 driver (not sure who – I’d probably prefer Massa…)
* Michelin gives you a chance to win a hot lap around the Top Gear circuit in a 997 GT3 RS by completing the fastest tyre change on a Porsche Cayman.
* Festival map here - http://www.topgearlive.com.au/melbourne/
* Remember to catch public transport if you are heading in – much easier than parking!

ALSO
I hope to have some news for a special offer for forum members in the next few days. I’ll keep you posted!

Cheers
TGL

Offline Jamezilla

God dammit - stupid dual logins.
I bet this never happened to Bruce Wayne...

Oh well.
Cat. Bag. Out.
Ask either of me any questions you like :)

Offline tdc911

Oh well.
Cat. Bag. Out.
Hi James, I have a couple of questions.
- I understand cameras aren't allowed for the live show, but what about the outdoors festival?
- Should I purchase tickets now or wait for your forum offer?

Thanks.

Offline fivesix

You just did a Ben Collins...
 :p

Same question, but for Brisbane. Should I buy tickets or is there a Brisbane forum offer?
 :scratchchin:

Offline Jamezilla

LOL - but at least Ben Collins meant to give his game away...

Cameras: I still don't understand how they can enforce 'no cameras' in the live show... but absolutely no problem for the Festival.

Tickets: I've been told there will be a special offer around festival-only tickets for Melbourne.
BUT let me check with event management in the morning and I'll send you both a PM :)

J

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Oh well.
Cat. Bag. Out.

OMG James May is a member of AE !!!!

Offline Jamezilla

Hi all
OK – Brisbane on this Friday!
Tickets available for most shows, but you’ll need to move fast!

Melbourne…
Everything is taking shape! A few new cars have been confirmed for the Hall Of Fame and the Top Gear Track – including a certain ex-LeMans Lotus Esprit GT300 and a 1966 Shelby GT350 - oh and a VK Group A (because Mondi loves Holdens).

A bunch of other info about the show and Festival can be found in the Press Release:
http://www.fluidpr.com.au/emailmarketer/display.php?M=12917&C=6ea4d190bff4272887bd75447da2e84f&S=134&L=22&N=141

But the big news is Festival ONLY tickets are now on sale.
These are just $20 from Ticketek or $25 at the gate.

NOW – as we're all friends here… I have 5x double festival passes (10 tickets) for forum members.  I don’t want to get into the intricacies of a competition or anything like that (plus Mondi would probably win anyway), so I'll let Ash come up with a way of dishing them out - note that being in Melbourne is a pretty good start to eligibility.

See you there!

J

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
NOW – as we're all friends here… I have 5x double festival passes (10 tickets) for forum members.  I don’t want to get into the intricacies of a competition or anything like that (plus Mondi would probably win anyway), so I'll let Ash come up with a way of dishing them out - note that being in Melbourne is a pretty good start to eligibility.

Ok, whoever sends me the most money wins. :D