Linked Events

• Mar 3-6 - QLD - Top Gear Live - Prototype Tour: Thu, 03 Mar, 2011 - Sun, 06 Mar, 2011
  • Mar 11-14 - VIC - Top Gear Live - Prototype Tour: Fri, 11 Mar, 2011 - Mon, 14 Mar, 2011
  • Dec 8-10 - WA - Top Gear Live - Prototype Tour: Thu, 08 Dec, 2011 - Sat, 10 Dec, 2011

Offline fivesix

Special thanks to James for the tickets! Review will be sent through soon.  :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the day. The show was great, only downside was when they tried too hard to make the car skits entertaining. But the guys were awesome, the cars were awesome, and the driving was great too. No spoilers.

Great to stalk Roger and see the SV and 458, as well as Fortis's white 570SL... I watched the SV, 458, and Gallardo [MATADOR] have a bit of a play. When the 458 had to catch up from a red light, the sound was, well, yummy...  :thumbsup:

The LP400 was great on the road, I saw it turning off Racecourse Rd after leaving emporium... Its like a car that was designed for Pythagoras...

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Getting to the show.

I am flying there and back on Saturday. My flight arrives into Melbourne at 11:20 am and I have a ticket to the 2:00 pm show with a return flight departing at 7:35 pm. Didn't know anything about the other features until after I had booked my flights.

What is the best way to get from the airport and back to maximise my time at the show?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
What is the best way to get from the airport and back to maximise my time at the show?

Probably the Zonda. :p

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Chemical Man

If you take the skybus it takes you to Southern Cross station. No point in taking a taxi to the showgrounds from Southern Cross as a train will be faster and cheaper. The fastest way to get there will be to get a taxi straight to the showgrounds which will cost around $45 there and $40 back to the airport. The skybus/train option will cost $35ish all up but will take 30min more in each direction. Alternatively you could hire a car and drive yourself but parking might be a problem. It's around a 20min drive from the airport to the Showgrounds.
Have fun.

Offline beankeen456

Did anyone go today? What cars were on display?

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
Did anyone go today? What cars were on display?
i saw the zonda and koenigsegg on the news and what looked to be a carrera gt in the background but not sure. and on the website under hall of fame there is a zonda painted like a cinque?
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline beankeen456

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrcLdcwPamk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrcLdcwPamk</a>

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I HATE crooked number plates...

what kind of schmuck puts a plate on a koenigsegggggggggggggggs all pissed like that!