Linked Events

• October 17 - VIC - TV and Movie car cruise: Sun, 17 Oct, 2010

Offline MRDMC

• Drives: Delorean, Supra
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forums and meant to join a little while ago, but due to school and work, I didn't get a chance to.

My name is James and I actually organised this event. The turnout wasn't as large as what I was hoping for, but this is always something that can bee improved on. I'm actually (soon) going to start up a new thread, hoping that I can find the required cars on this forum, for the next gathering - which will take place sometime with-in the first 1/4 of 2011.

In regards to Delorean being worth nothing in the US, that isn't exactly the case. I picked mine up for fairly cheap, but for a running one in a reasonable condition, they start at about $15k USD...which is pretty much $15k AUD at the moment! They can range all the way up to about $30k USD and then even more once you start looking at rebuilt ones, etc. A brand new Mustang GT is $30k in the US! Saying this though, the Delorean is cheap for the type of car you are getting - a classic exotic...but by no means a performance car! haha

I'm 18 now and hope to own mine until...well - forever! Even though I could probably sell it and buy something MUCH faster, I just love the car too much - plus I've spent soooo many hours on her too, that we've now got an emotional bond!

Anyway, enough of me blabbing on!

Cheers,
James.
P.S. I'd like to thank Ash for informing people of the event :)

LIVING THE DREAM!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
In regards to Delorean being worth nothing in the US, that isn't exactly the case. I picked mine up for fairly cheap, but for a running one in a reasonable condition, they start at about $15k USD...which is pretty much $15k AUD at the moment! They can range all the way up to about $30k USD and then even more once you start looking at rebuilt ones, etc. A brand new Mustang GT is $30k in the US!

Fair Call, I was going by the destroying of 2 of them on Monster Garage. I checked prices back then and could have picked up a driver for $6k USD... that would have been filmed 4 to 5 years ago I guess. I lived in Virginia and car prices over that way are always much better than LA so I always search for cars in the VA/NC area.

New GT Mustangs are kind of a bargain.. and reasonably adequate cars. My 98 Cobra, fully loaded back in 98 cost close to 30k USD at the time, so their new prices have done well.

Congrats on owning a Delorean, almost any teenager that watched Back to the Future would have dreamed of owning one. I also wanted Biffs 46 Ford convertible.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I was actually looking at one that is for sale here in OZ today (well looking at it online).

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=9303263&keywords=&trecs=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=12A8B45267A6&__Nne=15&__Qpb=true&seot=1&__N=1216
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
Bumblebee Camaro (Transformers)
Police Saleen Mustang (Transformers)

did any one see these cars ??????
i wonder why didn't they turn up .....
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline MRDMC

Fair Call, I was going by the destroying of 2 of them on Monster Garage. I checked prices back then and could have picked up a driver for $6k USD... that would have been filmed 4 to 5 years ago I guess. I lived in Virginia and car prices over that way are always much better than LA so I always search for cars in the VA/NC area.

New GT Mustangs are kind of a bargain.. and reasonably adequate cars. My 98 Cobra, fully loaded back in 98 cost close to 30k USD at the time, so their new prices have done well.

Congrats on owning a Delorean, almost any teenager that watched Back to the Future would have dreamed of owning one. I also wanted Biffs 46 Ford convertible.

Easy mistake mate. Some people are nieve and think the other way too - that they are like $100K or something! Over the years their value has fluxuated quite a bit and I think that in the mid 90's they got the lowest in price.

Yeah, the US prices are pretty well set out - only problem is that if we want to get anything new from there to here, we have to pay a crapload to have it professionally converted :(.

Thanks for the congrats mate. I just had to start working as soon as I could and saved almost every $ - it's well worth it!

Cheers,
James.

LIVING THE DREAM!

Offline MRDMC

I was actually looking at one that is for sale here in OZ today (well looking at it online).

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=9303263&keywords=&trecs=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=12A8B45267A6&__Nne=15&__Qpb=true&seot=1&__N=1216

This one is in imacc condition - probably has never truly been enjoyed though, but each to their own
LIVING THE DREAM!

Offline MRDMC

Bumblebee Camaro (Transformers)
Police Saleen Mustang (Transformers)

did any one see these cars ??????
i wonder why didn't they turn up .....

Nar, these ones didn't turn up. I had contacted the guy (Dean) from Mustang Motorsport in regards to them and he said that he'd be happy bring them along, depending on his schedule...the weather probably put him off too though.

P.S. is there a way to "multi-quote" on this forum?
LIVING THE DREAM!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

They are making brand new Deloreans now as well. I think from the discussions I have had with the guys in the States that they are making most of the parts new as well, so if you need any parts you can get new ones now......  :tilt:

btw, is yours still LHD???  Club Rego I guess....... 

Not much longer and you can put it on full rego LHD.

OH, yes I hate to tell you this but you may have caused a large hole in the time space continuum, it only takes two Deloreans in the same place to cause inter dimensional chaos!!!!!!   

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

OH, yes I hate to tell you this but you may have caused a large hole in the time space continuum, it only takes two Deloreans in the same place to cause inter dimensional chaos!!!!!!

But only if you see your other self, right  :scared:

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
Nar, these ones didn't turn up. I had contacted the guy (Dean) from Mustang Motorsport in regards to them and he said that he'd be happy bring them along, depending on his schedule...the weather probably put him off too though.

P.S. is there a way to "multi-quote" on this forum?
did you take your delorean to the american motor show couple of years back or may be last year at flemington racecourse????? because if you did i did take a photo of your car ...... i'll confirm that as well
saw the camaro at the aerican motor show this year.... spoke to owner .... as welll LHD camaro
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/