Offline dkabab

i guess its worth something if you have a 250gte chassis to put it on.... otherwise what are you going to do with it? in the eyes of most classic ferrari tragics... if you put that body on a replica chassis or another fabricated chassis then its not a ferrari.
apparently the chassis maketh the car. hell, there are vintage ferraris that the only original piece of the car that left the factory is the part with the chassis/vin number stamped on it, the rest is new, but thats an original car.... :rollseyes:

so..... what are your plans????

Offline Gooch

Hey Gooch, did you happen to see what the 365 went for? Had my eye on it for a (dare I say it) Hot Rod project.
Nah only the winner would know how much it went for sorry! however I dont believe it had anything over 3k?? I dont even think it had a motor?

Offline Gooch

i guess its worth something if you have a 250gte chassis to put it on.... otherwise what are you going to do with it? in the eyes of most classic ferrari tragics... if you put that body on a replica chassis or another fabricated chassis then its not a ferrari.
apparently the chassis maketh the car. hell, there are vintage ferraris that the only original piece of the car that left the factory is the part with the chassis/vin number stamped on it, the rest is new, but thats an original car.... :rollseyes:

so..... what are your plans????
Its funny you say that. As you said most of these older cars are no longer original anymore and the chassis maketh the car so what does that mean to me? Does that mean that I could not retire on the proceds of this car? Does that really matter as a Ferrari of 2+2 Configuration?

IF that was the case then why do Ford GT replica's go for similar or more than you can buy a road registered Ferrari?

I dont know what I will do with it at the moment but I am not as happy as I was about 5 hours ago!

Offline Gooch

A couple of interesting points about this car!

Firstly I dont believe the 250 gt/e was made in 58' i suspect this to be a typo! If not would that mean it is a prototype?

Pics I have of it also has a wooden box sitting in the middle of it I wonder what that is? I will try and get out to Sandringham tomorrow and keep you all posted!

Any I deas on how I would move it?

Offline dkabab

apparently its a 250PF not a GTE....

Offline Azza

Nah only the winner would know how much it went for sorry! however I dont believe it had anything over 3k?? I dont even think it had a motor?

Don't be sorry. I should have remembered it was on and had a bid meself. Last I saw it was at about 11:00 last night and it was only at $459.00. Could've made a cheap start to an expensive project.............Probably better off without it tho. At least the missus will continue to talk to me!! LOL

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Gooch - the folks on Fchat in the vintage section are usually quite helpful, there's a thread on your car here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236178

Offline Gooch

Gooch - the folks on Fchat in the vintage section are usually quite helpful, there's a thread on your car here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236178

Thanks Guys will have a looK

Cheers

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
So Gooch, have you seen it/taken possession yet?