Offline lord melchett

Thanks for the comments guys.. Now let's see how long it takes to sell

sepand, you're doing well to have it spoken highly of, by FF.

playing devil's advocate however, why is this a 15k better car than uber's ( i think that is his tag). i seem to remember him advertising his with the same lvel of confidence... was he not asking 95k?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Sepands is utterly immaculate in out and under, not tracked to my knowledge, manual, and a spider.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

sepand, you're doing well to have it spoken highly of, by FF.

playing devil's advocate however, why is this a 15k better car than uber's ( i think that is his tag). i seem to remember him advertising his with the same lvel of confidence... was he not asking 95k?

I have had it out with you about worth of cars before, you do like to talk down the value, that is a shame.

So if you want to "play devil's advocate" and use examples, know the examples you are talking about.

There is also an age differance between the 2

Offline Sepand

As far as I recall, the other 360 had roughly twice the k's of mine and wasn't a 2003 either. Also this car has never seen a track. I guess there's some value in this for some people, especially first time Ferrari buyers who often think that anything over 30000km is high milage and should not be touched.

Offline lord melchett

As far as I recall, the other 360 had roughly twice the k's of mine and wasn't a 2003 either. Also this car has never seen a track. I guess there's some value in this for some people, especially first time Ferrari buyers who often think that anything over 30000km is high milage and should not be touched.

sounds fair enough. i'll pass all of that on to a friend who is after a weekender. i told him i would pose the question. my dad has a modena as a weekender and they can be fun

as for brendan... if you're under the impression i give any credence to anonymous posts and their authors ... don't be.

apart from that, have  anice weekend!

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
The seemingly rapid price drop in 'good' late model 360s has me questioning if a 2004 996 Porsche GT3 is what I want.
This will sound silly to most but if the ferrari had racing seats and no plush leather etc. I would be more interested.

I suspect from a total cost of ownership the Porsche is going to be less, although I'm sure FF would disagree.
Performance wise the Porsche also comes out on top.
But as far as desirability goes, a Ferrari has a lot going for it.

Not sure if it would fit in my garage though.

Offline lord melchett

The seemingly rapid price drop in 'good' late model 360s has me questioning if a 2004 996 Porsche GT3 is what I want.
This will sound silly to most but if the ferrari had racing seats and no plush leather etc. I would be more interested.

I suspect from a total cost of ownership the Porsche is going to be less, although I'm sure FF would disagree.

futurism, i have driven dad's modena for about 2000km over the last 18 mnths. if u're anything like me, the visual appeal of the 360 will diminish in ur eyes rather quickly. i used to love looking at it when i first saw it, but think it's showing its age now. drives nice and low, but a bit wide. if u're single you may choose to appreciate the attention, otherwise the stares just p1ss u off. might also like to note that these things lose  alot of horsepower after a while, or so i've heard, unless they're clean and well kept. servicing costs are fine. best o luck to ya

Offline lord melchett

futurism, i have driven dad's modena for about 2000km over the last 18 mnths. if u're anything like me, the visual appeal of the 360 will diminish in ur eyes rather quickly. i used to love looking at it when i first saw it, but think it's showing its age now. drives nice and low, but a bit wide. if u're single you may choose to appreciate the attention, otherwise the stares just p1ss u off. might also like to note that these things lose  alot of horsepower after a while, or so i've heard, unless they're clean and well kept. servicing costs are fine. best o luck to ya

• Soap Dodger

No, I wouldn't disagree that equivalent spec Porsches are generally cheaper to maintain/own than Ferrari.

But you need to decide what "owning is".... if you buy well, depreciation, or the lack of, can make Ferrari ownership very cheap indeed, in fact even profitable if you're very very lucky.

And as for servicing and repairs, a bad Porsche experience will easily cost double or more than that of a good Ferrari experience... but the average would be that a Porsche is maybe 75% of the cost to maintain.

water is cheaper than wine.

sausages are cheaper than steak.

big w is cheaper than Luis Vuitton.

You just chose.

This week alone, I've had to remind two different 360 owners that I told them to allow $1/km to run the car before they bought it.... and that after around 8k to 15k km, they are both running at under half that allowance so far.....

• Soap Dodger

absolute fucking BULLSHIT.

they only lose power if something is wrong with them.