Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Good point though........$250k :scratchchin:

Huge variety of many, many great cars for that sort of cash, & servicing costs of a Ferrari would be a big "no go" point for many people, including myself :)

You would be mistaken though, servicing on a fez isn't that expensive really... Unless you take it to the dealer and ask them to bend you over. There is a misconception that they are super high maintenance but in reality they arnt too much more demanding than any other high performance car. ( definitely much less than you would have heard)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Good point though........$250k :scratchchin:

Huge variety of many, many great cars for that sort of cash, & servicing costs of a Ferrari would be a big "no go" point for many people, including myself :)

Servicing costs are the least of your worries on cars in this range.

Here's the list of running costs in descending order of importance:
1. Depreciation
2. Daylight - lots of daylight

3. Insurance

4. Tyres

5. Servicing
6. Petrol

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Servicing costs are the least of your worries on cars in this range.

Here's the list of running costs in descending order of importance:
1. Depreciation
2. Daylight - lots of daylight
3. Insurance
4. Tyres
5. Servicing
6. Petrol

I imagine a car like that would be a keeper unless you like the latest etc, you lost me on "Daylight"

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I imagine a car like that would be a keeper unless you like the latest etc, you lost me on "Daylight"

It means, drive the Bloody thing and don't just sit it in the shed and pleasure yourself over it.    :doh:

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
I don't intend to scare anybody from buying an F430 but the car costs alot to maintain. However u worked very hard and you deserve to treat yourself. I got mine 2 years ago and these r the running costs.

$5000 insurance (well i guess it depends how old u r and who your insurer is).
$5000 servicing a year (thankfully every 12 months) through dealer
$10,000 every year for extended Factory warranty. Covers engine, suspension, electronics, electricals.
$6500 a year petrol ($125 a week). This is not a Inbred Clown Car
$2100 a year Pirelli PZero Rosso tires.

$28,600 a year (after tax money)

Maybe I should have invested in gold and silver 2 years ago...... Definitely not Uranium.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I don't intend to scare anybody from buying an F430 but the car costs alot to maintain. However u worked very hard and you deserve to treat yourself. I got mine 2 years ago and these r the running costs.

$5000 insurance (well i guess it depends how old u r and who your insurer is).
$5000 servicing a year (thankfully every 12 months) through dealer
$10,000 every year for extended Factory warranty. Covers engine, suspension, electronics, electricals.
$6500 a year petrol ($125 a week). This is not a Poofter Car
$2100 a year Pirelli PZero Rosso tires.

$28,600 a year (after tax money)

Maybe I should have invested in gold and silver 2 years ago...... Definitely not Uranium.

you really don't need to spend anything like that... not even close.

buy a "lightly" used car that has had the campaigns and up dates done on it... and check THOROUGHLY that they have been done.

Don't bother with the warranty.... over 3 years you'll be WELL behind... sure, you might get a $5k surprise every now and then, but in my experience warranty costs are NOT worth even half what they cost.

Limited milage use reduces tyre/fuel costs massively of course, and insurance too.

I just did brake pads all round and an annual service on a (steel brake) 430, plus fixed a mirror fault and attended to a broken floor and did a wheel alignment. Cost $2500. all inc. Not bad for 4000km of use.

It'll need tyres next year and maybe something else... but I'd say budget for ~$1.50per km for a 430 IMO on average, and you'll have good years (like this recent one I did) where it costs half that, and bad years where it costs double that.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

pleasure yourself over it.    :doh:

I agree the car wash expense would be enormous. :rolleyes:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
$5000 service? Are they putting caviar as engine oil?

How much is the 430 covered for? $5k is steep, superleggeras are insured on here for about $3k and my insurance isn't much higher than that.

I don't race my cars but their tyres last much longer than one year.

Some people don't mind spending a lot on their cars and that is fine, but there is a lot of improvement that can be made in regards to your maintenance. Just need to search a bit. If you are in NSW I can recommend to you what I use  for maintenance, where I get parts from if needed, insurance etc...

If you are happy with the current arrangement and you arent  fussed with the costs, by all means that is your decision. $5k service isn't much money compared to the value of the car, but really there is no need for $5k servicing fee every 12 months when a private Ferrari expert can do a better job at 1/3 - 1/2  the price.

FYI Ferrari/maserati Sydney had apprentices working on my car when I took it there, my current independent mechanic worked for years and years at the main dealer ship and has done all the Italian factory training, certificates etc... Works on his own maserati race car etc....

Just my thoughts, but really general servicing isn't much more than other high performance cars. I'm sure FF doesn't charge $5k for a yearly service either???
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
$5000 service? Are they putting caviar as engine oil?

How much is the 430 covered for? $5k is steep

Some people don't mind spending a lot on their cars and that is fine, but there is a lot of improvement that can be made in regards to your maintenance. Just need to search a bit. If you are in NSW I can recommend to you what I use  for maintenance, where I get parts from if needed, insurance etc...

Sure if you can let me know where u get parts from that would be great. I think I am up for new rotors soon. Car has done 28,500 km. In hope my clutch can last for another year  :eek: . Money is money. If I can save hard earned cash why not? I have always taken my car to the dealership for maintenance for fear that another less experienced Ferrari tech may ruin the car. The problem with Adelaide is that there is only one Ferrari dealership and there is only one mechanic in Adelaide who regularly gets sent to Ferrari Italy for training.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Sure if you can let me know where u get parts from that would be great. I think I am up for new rotors soon. Car has done 28,500 km. In hope my clutch can last for another year  :eek: . Money is money. If I can save hard earned cash why not? I have always taken my car to the dealership for maintenance for fear that another less experienced Ferrari tech may ruin the car. The problem with Adelaide is that there is only one Ferrari dealership and there is only one mechanic in Adelaide who regularly gets sent to Ferrari Italy for training.

just take it to Italservice, in Bowden. the 2x luigis and mario will take great care of you and it.

The dealers are just about worthless, especially as the 430 is no longer a current car.