Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
. I'm sure FF doesn't charge $5k for a yearly service either???

An annual service, assuming there are no faults, is about 6 hours work. typically, there are a few things to do on top, so you might spend ~10 hours, plus parts....

A major service really isn't that much more either... just an extra ~4 hours, and a few more fluids etc...

"Service" costs should NEVER exceed $3k for a 430..... repairs are another thing.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

• Soap Dodger

Belts???

only a/c and alt on 430. Got chains, which are supposed to be changed at 60k km. but can go further.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
Oh one more thing Wattens, here in Adelaide there is only one SD3 computer for all the Ferraris and Maseratis. The independent Ferrari service centers say that they can service the car no problem but them I have to then take the car to the only Ferrari dealership to hook up the SD3 computer and set certain things e.g. If my clutch is changed, the SD3 computer is needed to reset certain things. This is also another reason why I send the car to the dealership for servicing.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

only a/c and alt on 430. Got chains, which are supposed to be changed at 60k km. but can go further.

Chains????? Well bugger me, learn something new everyday......

• Soap Dodger

Oh one more thing Wattens, here in Adelaide there is only one SD3 computer for all the Ferraris and Maseratis. The independent Ferrari service centers say that they can service the car no problem but them I have to then take the car to the only Ferrari dealership to hook up the SD3 computer and set certain things e.g. If my clutch is changed, the SD3 computer is needed to reset certain things. This is also another reason why I send the car to the dealership for servicing.

The independant guys can change your clutch, then you just drive it (this is fine) to the dealer who can re-set it in about 5 minutes work, for which they'll prob charge you ~$200.

There are also more aftr market machines becoming available for SD3 compatible jobs.... costing around $15k USD still.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Get me one of these SD3 thingys and I'll hack it and make some copies...........

• Soap Dodger

Get me one of these SD3 thingys and I'll hack it and make some copies...........

many have tried.... many...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Even if you are spending $5K a year on service (and I agree you shouldn't need to), depreciation is easily the major cost on these cars (late model exotics).  The other expenses are small change by comparison.  That's why you should drive them plenty - to reduce your cost per km. :)

• Soap Dodger

Even if you are spending $5K a year on service (and I agree you shouldn't need to), depreciation is easily the major cost on these cars (late model exotics).  The other expenses are small change by comparison.  That's why you should drive them plenty - to reduce your cost per km. :)

Exactly, or just buy them after someone like MHH has finished with them....