Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Nar mate,

ya don't need to remove the engine to do a 355.................

true, you can take just as long if not longer, and do a half job like a back alley butcher and drop the fuel tank out to do it.

but, personally, I'd rather do a better job quicker and cheaper, properly. ;)

• Soap Dodger

FF does the 360 ever need the engine out?

nope, doesn't even need the cam covers off, unless you have repairs to do.

• Soap Dodger

oh, and as an aside....

the Dealers are duty bound to use the commercially arranged oils.. which if it's shell, are not that good at all.

The 5/40 engine oil turns to rats piss on hot days, and the dealers are not encouraged to use the 10/60 alternative, if they even know about it.

The brake fluid they use is down right dangerous and they're gunna kill someone with it one day

and as for the gearbox oil... well......

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
oh, and as an aside....

the Dealers are duty bound to use the commercially arranged oils.. which if it's shell, are not that good at all.
The 5/40 engine oil turns to rats piss on hot days, and the dealers are not encouraged to use the 10/60 alternative, if they even know about it.
The brake fluid they use is down right dangerous and they're gunna kill someone with it one day

and as for the gearbox oil... well......

In China, rats piss is good for you.

• Soap Dodger

In China, rats piss is good for you.

I'm a fairly well travelled man, and i've seen some HORRIBLE things, but nothing turns my guts like eating out at a supposedly classy restaurant in mainland china.....

having said that, I'd rather have 5 month gestation aborted blended babies in my engine, than some of the Shell products.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
FF I thought having thinner oil at high temperatures would be better for the engine. Isnt that why an engine needs to warm the oil up before it can be revved high?

• Soap Dodger

FF I thought having thinner oil at high temperatures would be better for the engine. Isnt that why an engine needs to warm the oil up before it can be revved high?

yes, but rats piss aint oil.

the 0/40 the dealer use and recommend is fine for the cafe set and average road use, but on hot days and hard driving, it break down so much you get spikes of zero oil pressure, albeit so brief that the gauge doesn't show it, but the sender registers it..

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

yes, but rats piss aint oil.

the 0/40 the dealer use and recommend is fine for the cafe set and average road use, but on hot days and hard driving, it break down so much you get spikes of zero oil pressure, albeit so brief that the gauge doesn't show it, but the sender registers it..

Don't the dealers simply fill with the oil the factory recommends?

• Soap Dodger

Don't the dealers simply fill with the oil the factory recommends?

yes, but it's a commercial decision, not a quality one.

Based on F1 deals at the time.

Shell 5/40 is not good enough in hot conditions and hard driving.

I'm not sure what the 458 should have... you got your owners book handy???

fluids list please ;)

• Soap Dodger

Furthermore, the price customers are forced to pay for oils and fluids available in many servos and auto shops, SHOULD be a criminal act.