Online cel

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
One more thing Vegas:

This may not apply to you.

If you don't have any warranty on the car, Ferrari is having a special offer whereby before 31st Dec 09 (Yes that's right you only have a few days to go) you can get 12 months of Ferrari roadside assistance called FERRARI ASSIST. Call up the dealer in which you bought the car and ask him to register ASAP!.

If you have warranty you may be covered for roadside assistance but please check before 31st Dec!

More details:
http://aussieexotics.com/forum/ferrari/ferrari-offers-new-free-roadside-assistance-for-all-out-of-warranty-cars-t4664.0.html

Offline fivesix

congrats! cant wait to spot it around! any ideas on plates you will get?
great looking car! :thumbsup:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Lovely car, well done. 2001 means you should be past most of the glitches of the 1999/2000 models. Good stuff, go drive the wheels off it now!  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Well done and congrats..........luverly car! :thumbsup:
Always Gunna

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Congrats on the purchase.

I've got a UK 360 in the shop at the moment.. on the surface it looks great, but there is lots of surface rust on the bumper brackets (bumpers are off the car) and numerous other little clues that THIS car has been driven on salted roads.

Not sure where you got advice about the south not using salt.... SOME areas still do... but not all. I'm from Kent, in the extreme South East, and know the area well.

UK cars are lowered compared to Aussie cars... about 12mm lower, so watch your ADR 100mm ground clearance ruling.

Warranty isn't worth having (as it's too expensive IMO) if the car is looked after properly, as I said before, If you take it to the wrong place, you WILL need the warranty! But in my experience, the vast majority of complaints are from poor servicing and repairs rather than actual car problems as such.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
Vegas, if you are worried about clutchwear, try to avoid driving it in AUTO mode
if possible. There is alot of clutch slip in auto to give that smooth feeling. But you won't
feel good when u have to look at the cost of a clutch change.

Same with all paddle shift Ferrari owners.
With my F430, I put it into Race mode everytime. With the F430 in comfort mode (not Auto)
the gear changes are slower than the advertised 150 ms and there is more clutch slip and
therefore more wear than in race mode where the clutch engages more quickly
to the minimum 150 ms.

• Soap Dodger

Vegas, if you are worried about clutchwear, try to avoid driving it in AUTO mode
if possible. There is alot of clutch slip in auto to give that smooth feeling. But you won't
feel good when u have to look at the cost of a clutch change.

Same with all paddle shift Ferrari owners.
With my F430, I put it into Race mode everytime. With the F430 in comfort mode (not Auto)
the gear changes are slower than the advertised 150 ms and there is more clutch slip and
therefore more wear than in race mode where the clutch engages more quickly
to the minimum 150 ms.

sorry, but that's just all wrong.

it changes slower, yes, but it doesn't slip the clutch to do so.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

sorry, but that's just all wrong.

it changes slower, yes, but it doesn't slip the clutch to do so.

But wouldn't a slower change necessarily mean more slip? It seems logical...

• Soap Dodger

But wouldn't a slower change necessarily mean more slip? It seems logical...

No, and I don't see why it's logical.

When you're in a hurry, you move the lever faster, when you're not, you move it slower.

You DON'T slip the clutch in a manual to drive slowly, nor does the computer (any more than normal).

Driving in Auto significantly saves synchro and selector fork wear, but not any significant difference to the clutch.

Driving in race or sports mode, ACCELERATES synchro and selector wear. but does not affect clutch life, significantly, although it does actually SHORTEN it very slightly.