Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
would have thought the airbags would have gone off with an impact like that

It went in sideways, I remember seeing the pics at the time. I don't think Scuds have side airbags.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Ahh you spotted that, buying into a nightmare! Wonder if the insurance knew about that when it was paid out? No oil in engine also, that could be the reason the driver lost control in the first place.

Yes, I knew the supercharged car existed in WA as the shop made a post with photos about it on AE.
If the motor had no oil I withdraw my post about the drivetrain being the only good thing about it :p

Offline Tiger

Yes, I knew the supercharged car existed in WA as the shop made a post with photos about it on AE.
If the motor had no oil I withdraw my post about the drivetrain being the only good thing about it :p

Wonder how much punishment that motor has had under boost? Awesome looking engine bay Novitec make nice kits.
Roll on summer

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Wonder how much punishment that motor has had under boost? Awesome looking engine bay Novitec make nice kits.

It was only installed about 8 months before it was written off so maybe it didn't get worked too hard. Big risk to take though. I guess you could take the kit off and eBay it.

Offline Tiger

It was only installed about 8 months before it was written off so maybe it didn't get worked too hard. Big risk to take though. I guess you could take the kit off and eBay it.

;)
Roll on summer

Offline Tiger

Today is the day see if it makes it to Adelaide or not! I can't see me getting it some bunny will go stupid buy it.
Roll on summer

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Today is the day see if it makes it to Adelaide or not! I can't see me getting it some bunny will go stupid buy it.

You'd have to be crazy to bid on it if the engine had no oil in it. There could be big damage to crank, bearings, pistons and bores.

Offline Tiger

You'd have to be crazy to bid on it if the engine had no oil in it. There could be big damage to crank, bearings, pistons and bores.

Unless you know why it says no oil on the cap, yes you would be crazy  ;)
Roll on summer

Offline Sparkz

• Drives: Datsun

Offline ant

Hasn't been auctioned yet.
I had a look at it this morning, the right side frame in front of the suspension is bent up about 200 mm and pushed in , a lot worse than the pictures show.