Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

You really think I was worried about an oil leak? If you didn't lie so much, you wouldn't need such a good memory.

No lies. All facts, that your own ramblings often confirm.

But importantly, proven by me, by my actions to rectify.

You're only bitter because I humiliated you, by proving you wrong, in front of witnesses, one of which is Carl.

That hurt you bad.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
No lies. All facts, that your own ramblings often confirm.

But importantly, proven by me, by my actions to rectify.

You're only bitter because I humiliated you, by proving you wrong, in front of witnesses, one of which is Carl.

That hurt you bad.

Care to elaborate? I have no idea what you're talking about, and neither does Carl.

I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

Anyway, back to the topic again.....

You only have to do a few searches to find all kinds of "grey areas" regarding the use of hychill.

I have no problem with other people using it, it's simply a business decision I made, that you don't need to enter any grey area. You can keep it simple, and you can still get highly comparable and satisfactory results, without it.

The industry preferred method and materials work just fine. No need to push the envelope using a risky gas...

Imagine nudging a Boxer with 3 electric fans into something... Enough to rupture the condensor while the fans are running... Huge fire risk with hychill... And that's as simple as my decision is/was...

Offline Aircon

Anyway, back to the topic again.....

You only have to do a few searches to find all kinds of "grey areas" regarding the use of hychill.

I have no problem with other people using it, it's simply a business decision I made, that you don't need to enter any grey area. You can keep it simple, and you can still get highly comparable and satisfactory results, without it.

The industry preferred method and materials work just fine. No need to push the envelope using a risky gas...

Imagine nudging a Boxer with 3 electric fans into something... Enough to rupture the condensor while the fans are running... Huge fire risk with hychill... And that's as simple as my decision is/was...

Is anyone allowed to disagree?

The difference in performance is quite significant.

Maybe you should let your customers know so they can make the call like I did. The a/c in an old Ferrari needs all the help it can get. Running at much higher gas pressures than the system was designed for and reducing the outlet air temperature was enough for me to look for 134a alternatives and to send me down the hychill path.

You keep going on about fire....on and on and on......but all I've ever read about are fires caused by oil and fuel and electrical problems. I'm not saying it's never happened, but sounds to me like you're making a mountain out of molehill.

Like I said, give your customers the choice. Of course, that would mean sending them elsewhere if you don't want to do it, so you miss out on $$$$, not that I'm implying that's what your motivation is.

• Soap Dodger

But you don't need to introduce the risk.

The operating pressures I've seen are quite ok. I have cars that have not been topped up for 3 years and are still working just fine, even though I say they may need a top up after one year.

I add a system conditioner at the same time, it seems to be a miracle cure so far.

YOU are saying "introduce a fire risk, it'll all be ok"
I'm saying " there's no need to introduce a fire risk, it IS still ok"
See the difference?

Offline Aircon

But you don't need to introduce the risk.

The operating pressures I've seen are quite ok. I have cars that have not been topped up for 3 years and are still working just fine, even though I say they may need a top up after one year.

I add a system conditioner at the same time, it seems to be a miracle cure so far.

YOU are saying "introduce a fire risk, it'll all be ok"
I'm saying " there's no need to introduce a fire risk, it IS still ok"
See the difference?

No....that's not what I'm saying, but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

I'm saying give your customer the choice by informing them of their options.

For ME it's worth any risk (if there really is one) to have air conditioning that works....at least as well as it ever did.

You can gloss over the inefficiency and high pressures all you like, but they exist and they're real problems.

p.s. your definition of "working just fine" while you're driving around in a Hyundai with modern a/c and my definition while driving around in a 40yo car are obviously very different. I had 134a in my GT4 and GTB and the difference is very noticeable.

I don't understand why you're so against it....Like I said, just give your customers the option by properly informing them, instead of telling BS stories about customers with cold knees and showing photos of fake a/c air temperatures.

My chosen option, as I said, is to run with a/c that works as well as possible, whilst running at gas pressures that the rest of my system was designed to run at. That makes perfectly good sense to me...and at the moment, IMO, that means running Hychill. ....and I have no dog in the fight and no affiliation, in case anyone's wondering.

The mere fact that you keep arguing against it just demonstrates that you don't understand it, actually.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Well we all now know your opinions and reasoning, we can put this one to bed.

No need for FF to add "(not hychill which may or may not be colder/dangerous)" any more and no need to argue over aircon any more. Just a matter of agreeing to disagree from different points of view.

Well played chaps.