Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Another reason for asking about the fuel injection, is that I assume you know, as you're all knowing, about the requirements for the club permit registration scheme, in regards to modifications.

Specifically, unless you register the car as a street rod, it is precluded to adversely modify a cars handling characteristics by use of spring changes, although curiously you can change anti roll bars.

And you are also not allowed to modify the engines performance or emissions I think..

edit...

there's lots to read here, but basically, I think a change to fuel injection means an originally carburettor car becomes a street rod, and must be re-engineered, and re-registered accordingly.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/9B3A858D-15A0-4572-90BF-3D08214BF7BE/0/VSInumber8Guidetomodificationsformotorvehicles.pdf

Obviously, it's a very loose rule. What does "adversely" mean in regards to handling characteristic modifications?

And engines are allowed to have 20% power increase... 20% of what spec/condition??

I spoke to someone at Shannons about it recently, and they are relaxed about the specifics. The car must be roadworthy and legal is all they'd insist on.

For example, in the event of a claim, they'd probably generally pay out if the modifications were not considered contributory to the claim.

So, say a carbie car modified to an injected car crashed, they'd probably still pay.

But if it had an engine bay fire, they'd look into it more.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Thanks for your input, Phil. I'd rather be like you and act like I know something that no one else does....just hint at it enough to make people curious, but not actually say anything interesting.

You know the drill. You perfected it ages ago.

To answer one question, however, the extra 5rwKW is after 6500rpm. There was no further gain AT 6500rpm.

I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

Thanks for your input, Phil. I'd rather be like you and act like I know something that no one else does....just hint at it enough to make people curious, but not actually say anything interesting.

You know the drill. You perfected it ages ago.

To answer one question, however, the extra 5rwKW is after 6500rpm. There was no further gain AT 6500rpm.

:rolleyes:

Offline Aircon

:rolleyes:

What did you expect? How was your answer to my question about what car you drove at Island Magic, which had many other people confused too? "You mad?" was your reply. Not that I mind, but you get what you give.

Offline Aircon

Oh by the way, just to prove I'm not ALWAYS ungrateful, I hadn't thought of ringing Shannons....so I just did and they have no problem with what's been done, but they now have notice of it, which is important, of course.

Thanks Phil.

• Soap Dodger

What did you expect? How was your answer to my question about what car you drove at Island Magic, which had many other people confused too? "You mad?" was your reply. Not that I mind, but you get what you give.

You knew what island Magic is/was.

And you knew what I did or didn't drive.

And you knew what I meant.

• Soap Dodger

Oh by the way, just to prove I'm not ALWAYS ungrateful, I hadn't thought of ringing Shannons....so I just did and they have no problem with what's been done, but they now have notice of it, which is important, of course.

Thanks Phil.

That's good, you're welcome.

But to be double safe, you need to run it all past Vicroads too, because if the car is not registered correctly, it may be void, and that could change the insurers standpoint.

Offline Aircon

You knew what island Magic is/was.

And you knew what I did or didn't drive.

And you knew what I meant.

You keep saying that, but you're wrong. I didn't know, apart from Rob's reference to sports cars in the same post, but that's what confused me, because I then became unsure if the radical was a sports car when you said you'd won...it IS what you'd been talking about. Just another left field post from Rob, as it turned out.

Anyway, if it had just been me who was confused, I'd question myself, but since it wasn't just me, I think the ambiguity is obvious.

• Soap Dodger

No, you're just clinging to a couple of others similar thoughts to justify your own attempt at shit stirring.

YOU knew all along. You just got lucky that mhh and Andrei thought the same.

And, as you'll see in the island magic thread..... when I was part of the team, I said "Allan and Ted" won it, or "we" would have been appropriate.

but now, as I haven't been on that team a while, saying "we" won it, would have prompted you to jump on that.....

and you know you would have.