Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

No. ...I don't sit on my car and I ditched that bikini.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
It can obviously happen. Peter gave Black Stallion specific instructions not to Jack up the car for a couple of days, and he doesn't want to put a  screen in a BB until the suspension work is finished.

I remember washing the Testarossa when it was fairly new. It was a hot day, so I waited until late afternoon when the temperature dropped as the sun began to go down. Anyway I had been washing it for a good 30 minutes, no issues...............and then I heard a big BANG. Turned towards the car thinking something had fallen on it; but all looked ok. Got a bit closer and looked around the car...................WTF ! The screen had cracked top to bottom and it didn't even have a mark in it when it cracked.
When they took the screen out you could see it was mounted hard against the frame at one point and was obviously under load when the car flexed.

As I recall it was a $5500 part plus installation way back in the early 1990's. Insurance company wasn't amused and took many months to pay up.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I remember washing the Testarossa when it was fairly new. It was a hot day, so I waited until late afternoon when the temperature dropped as the sun began to go down. Anyway I had been washing it for a good 30 minutes, no issues...............and then I heard a big BANG. Turned towards the car thinking something had fallen on it; but all looked ok. Got a bit closer and looked around the car...................WTF ! The screen had cracked top to bottom and it didn't even have a mark in it when it cracked.
When they took the screen out you could see it was mounted hard against the frame at one point and was obviously under load when the car flexed.

As I recall it was a $5500 part plus installation way back in the early 1990's. Insurance company wasn't amused and took many months to pay up.
ouch.

talking of screens cracking,i stayed one night at my parents,next morning ice on the glass of the cream Conti.,mum hosed it and cracked the rear screen,un obtainable unless 2nd hand.....glad I sold it overseas ,no RWC needed.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Wow. That's extreme.

Didn't your F50 break a door glass?
Maybe it's you, are you a vampire?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Wow. That's extreme.

Didn't your F50 break a door glass?
Maybe it's you, are you a vampire?

Only screen I have ever broken was in the Testarossa. Mark Coffey broke the F50 window before I bought it. All he says he did was close the door !

• Soap Dodger

Only screen I have ever broken was in the Testarossa. Mark Coffey broke the F50 window before I bought it. All he says he did was close the door !

ah yeah, that's it.

Yeah, just slammed the door a bit hard, and POP! Door glass gone!!!

• Soap Dodger

FWIW, my old Boxer was a as rigid as you'd like.

I showed Carl one day in Richmond... parked on that bad angle that used to be in his driveway, and opened the doors up... perfect alignment.

He was amazed.

Hand built by craftsmen, no two the same.

Offline Aircon

FWIW, my old Boxer was a as rigid as you'd like.

I showed Carl one day in Richmond... parked on that bad angle that used to be in his driveway, and opened the doors up... perfect alignment.

He was amazed.

Hand built by craftsmen, no two the same.

I couldn't open the doors on mine without them scraping something when parked on an angle, and that's before the bingle. The flex in them is something to behold. I guess if there's enough of a gap in the door, the flex doesn't matter.

Yours was quite slow, wasn't it?

• Soap Dodger

I couldn't open the doors on mine without them scraping something when parked on an angle, and that's before the bingle. The flex in them is something to behold. I guess if there's enough of a gap in the door, the flex doesn't matter.

Yours was quite slow, wasn't it?

Mine simply didn't flex much at all. No more than most other cars you'd care to compare. It was/is a really strong one.

Mine was fast enough, for the conditions and parameters thanks, but I know you're baiting, again. There is a rule against that here you know.

Offline Aircon

Mine simply didn't flex much at all. No more than most other cars you'd care to compare. It was/is a really strong one.

So you measured the flex? What are the figures, just out of interest?

I'd say your door gaps were just big. Quite simple...flex problem solved.